Jimbojam

Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Ah shite. I meant to go and do my panic shop last week before the panic. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

How’s your supplies of hand sanitiser and dettol  wipes?  Shelves have been cleaned out here, all I saw was bubblegum smelling hand cleanser for kids!  

gone ... and nothing coming back into stock for weeks according to our guns  .... was asked 10 plus times during my shift today for it , not to be found anywhere in town in told ..

30 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Bet those with a secret pvc fetish are relishing the opportunity to come out into the mainstream. Maybe @Lycra could morph to PVC.

YUELAN-latex-vacuum-sleep-sack-rubber-body-vacuum-bag.jpg_960x960.jpg

Would it make my bum look big 🤔

This would definitely be unflattering to my beer belly body shape. Can you imagine how hot you would get in that (if unlike me you could fit into it).

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

How’s your supplies of hand sanitiser and dettol  wipes?  Shelves have been cleaned out here, all I saw was bubblegum smelling hand cleanser for kids!  

I like the sound of bubblegum smelling hand cleanser, would give that a go.

There is nothing we can do about how governments decide to deal with this virus and that makes me feel powerless. I might do a bit of panic buying myself later , just to make myself feel a bit better (whatever happens I will have books to read and beer to drink).

Edited by Mr Boo

Just now, Mr Boo said:

There is nothing we can do about how governments decide to deal with this virus and that makes me feel powerless. I might do a bit of panic buying myself later just, to make myself feel a bit better (whatever happens I will have books to read and beer to drink).

good luck with that .... you cant panic buy much with empty shelves :)  ... you can pretend though .... 

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

gone ... and nothing coming back into stock for weeks according to our guns  .... was asked 10 plus times during my shift today for it , not to be found anywhere in town in told ..

Same here in Frome at all the main outlets....but....if you have a place that cater's for the elderly eg does walking sticks, DVT socks, calamine etc try there.  One in Frome has loads of the stuff and is getting more on Tuesday. 

Just now, parsonjack said:

Same here in Frome at all the main outlets....but....if you have a place that cater's for the elderly eg does walking sticks, DVT socks, calamine etc try there.  One in Frome has loads of the stuff and is getting more on Tuesday. 

good shout ... ive plenty left from Glastonbury and should be able to get some if needs be .... like most of these things it might last a few weeks with the extra demand but supplies will soon filter back in ...

8 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

There is nothing we can do about how governments decide to deal with this virus and that makes me feel powerless. I might do a bit of panic buying myself later , just to make myself feel a bit better (whatever happens I will have books to read and beer to drink).

7D9CC4FD-A3B1-4992-BE09-DFA3060A3650.thumb.jpeg.1bf3601783eef5ff575485586e9426fd.jpeg

it was tough going. I had to fight my way through rabid grannies and howling children but managed to blag the last bottle.  

Im saved! 

Except that it’s a virus. Not bacterial 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

Bumped into my (very annoying) neighbour leaving the flat today and she was wearing a face mask, bloody hell

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looks like it could be spread by nut sniffing

I knew it was wrong

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

7D9CC4FD-A3B1-4992-BE09-DFA3060A3650.thumb.jpeg.1bf3601783eef5ff575485586e9426fd.jpeg

it was tough going. I had to fight my way through rabid grannies and howling children but managed to blag the last bottle.  

Im saved! 

You are still a winner, good work 😀

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Image result for dog in space suit

How will he be able to eat shit wearing that?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I would hope anyone who does actually eat shit does wear one.

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

The punctuation police will be all over that comment!  Eat shit.   Eat, shit !  Two very different statements. 

anyway, in space no one can hear you fart

Are people really panic buying? 

I’m not sure anyone in Cornwall has really noticed.  

Going to the shop soon so will do some shelf emptiness research. 

If they didn't cancel for foot and mouth then they won't cancel for this. 

There was someone walking through Manchester city centre with a full face respirator something like this one yesterday. My first reaction was to laugh. Then I thought, damn, does he know something I don’t....

055721AE-91C4-4E5C-91AA-1FBDCB945B6F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Im saved! 

Don't worry. Simple soap and water kills it.

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Ah shite. I meant to go and do my panic shop last week before the panic. 

Wait until the panic is over. It'll be a lot quieter for you to do your own panic buying and there might be some bargains by then

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Don't worry. Simple soap and water kills it.

Sssssh. I know,  but dont take the thrill out of being a successful panic buyer and walking out the shop, chest out, head held high, with the last pack of sanitiser! 

• Upvote 1

Should I start posting some empty shelves photos to enable people to know exactly what items they should be panic buying ? :) 

7 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

I see France have now banned all gatherings of more than 5,000...

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-global-risk-raised-to-highest-level-as-more-countries-affected-11946034

Yep. Half Marathon of tomorrow in Paris suspended. 

Meanwhile in Spain they don't care with 50 cases and the government saying that is not necessary to ban big public events at this point... 🤨 The "fallas" celebration of Valencia (one of the biggest of the year) start tomorrow and they are hundreds of thousands. 

Edited by AlexOvd

40 minutes ago, themuel said:

Are people really panic buying? 

I’m not sure anyone in Cornwall has really noticed.  

Going to the shop soon so will do some shelf emptiness research. 

I work and live in West Cornwall and no where has hand sanitizer a left. A local pound store said one customer bought 40 bottles the other day. Apparently the schools are telling students to bring hand sanitizers in as a few have just returned from ski trips to Italy