Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m in London right now and basically just accepted I’m gonna get it at this point. Hopefully my new job will pay me sick pay otherwise I’m fucked.

There's been 80k cases worldwide out of 7 billion people in the world lol, why would you be accepting you're gonna get it. Such hyperbole. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

First case in Spain without travel history to Italy so basically the same situation that Italy had on Friday. This is going to explode. 

Totally depends on how cases are dealt with. Cases are decreasing in China currently and even though they are increasing in other nations, does not mean that they will continue to increase. If China is decreasing and was not expecting an outbreak, other nations should be able to control their situations, as they were more likely to be expected. However, I'm am not an expert in any way.

13 minutes ago, Joeyjarmangtf said:

34 Pages just to say no!?

Exactly, not really worth worrying about currently, there's literally nothing we can do. As it stands, Glastonbury is still fully planned to go ahead this year. There's similar talk on Coachella boards about this kind of thing and it's very similar.

I'm not resigned to the notion of coming down with it all but we have just been and bought a load of paracetamol, hand gel and rehydration salts before the panic buying starts.  Better to at least be somewhat prepared....and if we have to self-isolate there's a litre of Worthy Farm sloe gin to be drunk....