Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

This morning's update:

A continued spike for South Korea. 139 active cases from 87 at yesterday's check. Now the most cases outside of China and the cruise ship. Japan also up 13 active cases. Hong Kong up one and the cruise ship up 13. Taiwan up 2.

China are down around 1000 live cases (mainly due to recoveries). Vietnam had seven new recoveries yesterday and no new cases so they now just have 2 cases. Singapore down two as well to 48 cases.

Iran have announced 3 live cases. Their previously announced two cases are both sadly dead as mentioned yesterday.

In Europe, Germany have announced one more recovery and no other change elsewhere in Europe. Germany down to 3 cases now. France have the most in Europe with 7 active cases. UK still with just one.

Canada announced one new case but also two recoveries so they are down one. Same goes for USA who are down one case overall too.

Australia have one more recovered case so they only have 4 active cases now. 

Active world cases down by 885.

Edited by northernringo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can someone slap me and tell me to stop being silly.

Curiosity got me good and I had a little dip into the conspiracy theory side of the internet about corona virus and obviously saw a lot of very scary stuff.

Some videos and pictures from China do look very very scary though.

Edited by Matt42

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can someone slap me and tell me to stop being silly.

Curiosity got me good and I had a little dip into the conspiracy theory side of the internet about corona virus and obviously saw a lot of very scary stuff.

Some videos and pictures from China do look very very scary though.

I’ll happily give you a slap...

(not really)

9 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Serious question - all these organisations including WHO are counting. At what point do they stop? 

Do we ever not record the reasons people die or the number of hospital admissions or Drs visits. Part of good governance is knowing what's actually going on, the news stop reporting the exact number but it's always being recorded hence why we have stats for this season's flu and the number of people falling down the stairs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Thread title is coronavirus - should we be worried? 

2250 deaths from a world population of 7,800,000,000 and you're talking about there being no one left to count.

Either you're trying to be sensational or you've really got yourself wound up by the sensational media?

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

2250 deaths from a world population of 7,800,000,000 and you're talking about there being no one left to count.

Either you're trying to be sensational or you've really got yourself wound up by the sensational media?

Deaths will be avoided as per we’ve seen - social distancing. Point I’m making is if this turns up in your town in the next few weeks (why wouldn’t it) are we ready to just stay at home for weeks on end if instructed?

15 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Deaths will be avoided as per we’ve seen - social distancing. Point I’m making is if this turns up in your town in the next few weeks (why wouldn’t it) are we ready to just stay at home for weeks on end if instructed?

I am, I’ve got a backlog of PS4 games that needs clearing.

17 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Depends.

Are Dominos, Deliveroo and Ocado drivers exempt?