Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Genuinely believe if I caught it, I wouldn’t realise and just crack on. Haven’t ever taken a sick day from work, both parents are nurses and I could never pull sickies from school, as they’d seen it all and thought I was bullshitting. 

Oooh you're hard! 

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Genuinely believe if I caught it, I wouldn’t realise and just crack on. Haven’t ever taken a sick day from work, both parents are nurses and I could never pull sickies from school, as they’d seen it all and thought I was bullshitting. 

A lot of burying heads in sand going on.I'm pretty resistant to taking sick days and struggle in, but having caught pneumonia on a flight back from the Far East, and previously thinking it was just a cold for old people, then being hospitalised within two days and feeling like a bull had kicked me in the chest, followed by several months of breathlessness while recovering, I fear you are underestimating the potentially more severe symptoms of this. Of course, you may just feel you have a cold, but if it is severe, you won't just be brushing it off.

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

A lot of burying heads in sand going on.I'm pretty resistant to taking sick days and struggle in, but having caught pneumonia on a flight back from the Far East, and previously thinking it was just a cold for old people, then being hospitalised within two days and feeling like a bull had kicked me in the chest, followed by several months of breathlessness while recovering, I fear you are underestimating the potentially more severe symptoms of this. Of course, you may just feel you have a cold, but if it is severe, you won't just be brushing it off.

I’m pretty sure he’s being flippant.

3 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

The second phase - "delay" - will seek to push back the peak of the epidemic to the summer.

I dont like the sound of the words PEAK and SUMMER 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51807781

At this point I have lost all my hope about Glastonbury. It will be 100% cancelled. This is out of control and this is just the beginning. Italy now is in Wuhan levels at the beginning (almost 2000 people infected today) and soon more countries will be there. Without the measures of China this will be a mess. 

5 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

At this point I have lost all my hope about Glastonbury. It will be 100% cancelled. This is out of control and this is just the beginning. Italy now is in Wuhan levels at the beginning (almost 2000 people infected today) and soon more countries will be there. Without the measures of China this will be a mess. 

It all on until its off.

Have faith 

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

There have been over 110,000 people diagnosed with the virus, and over 65,000 of those have recovered, so more than half the people who have been diagnosed are now ok, i'm still expecting the festival to go ahead, it'll all die down in a few weeks

12 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Let’s be honest. Based on your posts you gave up hope about the same time this thread started.

2 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Let’s be honest. Based on your posts you gave up hope about the same time this thread started.

One of the first replies in the first page it's mine and it was "impossible" 😂😂😂😂 

Edited by AlexOvd

17 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

There have been over 110,000 people diagnosed with the virus, and over 65,000 of those have recovered, so more than half the people who have been diagnosed are now ok, i'm still expecting the festival to go ahead, it'll all die down in a few weeks

Which is an absolutely fucking terrible recovery rate by any standards.

39 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

It's not off. Nothing has been cancelled, so there's always hope. That said all the metrics are going in the wrong direction. The government have admitted it is highly likely to step in to reduce the rate of transmission/infection at some point. It then comes down to what are the essentials for keeping the basic economy going....and attending sporting events and music festivals etc are near the bottom of the list.

Edited by Lycra

Yet the risks of those outdoor events are low, in the words of medical experts. It’s months away still, there’s loads of hope it goes ahead still. The government have more pressing measures to look at closing down in the next 2 months before looking at summer festivals. That’s if they WANT to close down those events though, that’s a different issue all together.