Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning all. Don’t post much, more of a reader than a writer.  Thought I’d share my personal experience of the outbreak. I’m based in China, in one of the provinces worst hit by COVID o

Update. I coincidentally saw them again today. Turns out they could source the hand sanitiser from China after all and actually ordered double the amount!  It will keep for years so no problems there.

All the containment in the country, and all it takes is for an infected illegal immigrant to come by boat and the whole process restarts

Posted Images

I guess we can start importing Chinese doctors who've already had the virus to help us when the shit hits the fan here in 2-3 weeks time

Supermarket update ... things seem to be on a path back to normal  at least from my supermarkets point of view ... liquid soap and pasta back on sale but limited brands and we had a decent supply of toilet rolls up until midday .... It is however getting a little boring listening to the same conversation about why people need the extra toilet paper because of virus though ... Im sure this has manifested itself entirely through the media and some clever sales technique somewhere with a photo or two taken of empty shelves and then its gone viral ... supermarkets will catch up but please be patient while they do ... by thursday we will have had a week of people doing that little bit extra in their shopping ( because absolutely nobody is panic buying ) another boring thing I hear umpteen times per day .... supply chains seem to be catching up ..... 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Developed a bit of a cough and I’m feeling very fatigued today. Le concern

same ... ive just taken my temp with worries .... perfectly normal :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Supermarket update ... things seem to be on a path back to normal  at least from my supermarkets point of view ... liquid soap and pasta back on sale but limited brands and we had a decent supply of toilet rolls up until midday .... It is however getting a little boring listening to the same conversation about why people need the extra toilet paper because of virus though ... Im sure this has manifested itself entirely through the media and some clever sales technique somewhere with a photo or two taken of empty shelves and then its gone viral ... supermarkets will catch up but please be patient while they do ... by thursday we will have had a week of people doing that little bit extra in their shopping ( because absolutely nobody is panic buying ) another boring thing I hear umpteen times per day .... supply chains seem to be catching up ..... 

51B81146-023B-4761-A4A3-BFC64D2E6D1B.jpeg.155cc0b3301100c43ae7b4884ca8170e.jpeg

glad to see bog roll back in stock.  So no need to knit your own any more 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

51B81146-023B-4761-A4A3-BFC64D2E6D1B.jpeg.155cc0b3301100c43ae7b4884ca8170e.jpeg

glad to see bog roll back in stock.  So no need to knit your own any more 

soft strong ... and very well knitted 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thank god I was running abit low

89097661_10163101808315223_3827580021317304320_nbogroll.jpg

Just now, DeadAmos said:

Thank god I was running abit low

89097661_10163101808315223_3827580021317304320_nbogroll.jpg

you look at peoples trolleys and whilst available everyone was buying the bumper packs .... it then moved down in size and the very last to go was the smartprice ... expensive taste peoples asses have these days 

See how easy it is to get people talking about toilet roll .... festival staples toilets and the weather ... something we should be talking more about :) 

While we’re back on the loo roll subject it’s time to settle a debate. 

Is it supposed to hang towards the front or to the back. 

Personally l’ve never cared but apparently my housemate thinks I hang it the wrong way and he took great offence. 

6086F3E6-9377-4A96-B048-E3CA6B8159A7.thumb.jpeg.1f9d1cd7ca808a17fc42f30f3cc5e4d6.jpeg

Edited by squirrelarmy
1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Personally l’ve never cared but apparently my housemate thinks I hang it the wrong way and he took great offence. 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

soft strong ... and very well knitted 

Hang over the front ye heathen. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

6086F3E6-9377-4A96-B048-E3CA6B8159A7.thumb.jpeg.1f9d1cd7ca808a17fc42f30f3cc5e4d6.jpeg

If the patent for the toilet roll has an image of it over the front then you better believe it’s over the front.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

it is 

Sorry was supposed to quote the pic to demonstrate the correct way to present the roll for our squirrel friend

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hang over the front ye heathen. 

When I finished knitting it that was the first thing I made sure of

I remember the previous abuse I got on the infamous how to position toilet roll thread! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

When I finished knitting it that was the first thing I made sure of   I remember the previous abuse I got on the infamous how to position toilet roll thread! 

outed ... you toilet roll fraud .... :) 

IMG_6220.jpeg

• Upvote 2