Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

5 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Second favourite post of the day, after the Icelandic Eurovision entry song post 

Eurovision better not get cancelled...!

Given how adverse some often are about paying the full ticket balance (many of which are outside the Efests hub) when they don't know the full line-up, I would expect the pressure on the festival to release an official position (the statement to Somerset Live won't have been seen by many) will ratchet up in the coming weeks leading up to April 1. I don't think it is in their ethos to allow the deadline to pass, let people not pay the full balance amid their own concerns, and merely let the resales hoover up the rest of the tickets.

We're going to get a swerve on where this is going, from the festival's perspective, pretty soon.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

No. He’s a Chief Medical officer so won’t play along with the government’s plans, he’s giving his expert medical advice or how he feels the situation should be handled. 

According to the BBC:

“Scientific advisers are due to review the evidence next week on measures such as restricting large gatherings”

We will be going ahead right up to the logistical date when they can cancel - i.e. before the fence starts going up. It won't be fear of the virus that fcks us over it will be disruption to the supply and logistics chain, acts themselves pulling out or not able to get here because of flight restrictions etc etc.

22 minutes ago, kalifire said:

According to the BBC:

“Scientific advisers are due to review the evidence next week on measures such as restricting large gatherings”

I'm aware there's fear and anxiety over some bits of it, not least the fact South Korea's outbreak seems to stem for a big wedding. And I did spot there's a little fear after the guy with the virus attending a Tool gig in Auckland before he got confirmed he had it.

I think for now, we should be OK that its going ahead, but that the situation is fluid and can change. That's probably the big thing about it, especially with the news of SXSW being pulled and Coachella being potentially delayed by 6 months.

5 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

We will be going ahead right up to the logistical date when they can cancel - i.e. before the fence starts going up. It won't be fear of the virus that fcks us over it will be disruption to the supply and logistics chain, acts themselves pulling out or not able to get here because of flight restrictions etc etc.

I'd imagine there are a couple of critical dates involved, and as they get to them they'll need to review things again. Just before balance payments are due, just before the build starts, and just before acts get paid (which I think Neil said is about a month prior).

We're fast reaching a point where they'll have to email ticket holders with the state of play, as it pertains to that point in time. They're probably waiting for some official advice regarding the likelihood of shutdown, so the decisions the government are making in the coming week or two as we inevitably move to the 'delay' phase, will be critical.

I don't think the government will close down Glastonbury, but like you said, @giantkatestacks, disruption to supply and logistics could be what ultimately takes it down.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'd imagine there are a couple of critical dates involved, and as they get to them they'll need to review things again. Just before balance payments are due, just before the build starts, and just before acts get paid (which I think Neil said is about a month prior).

I wonder if ticket balance date might be pushed back a couple of weeks to give some wriggle room if needed ?

5 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I wonder if ticket balance date might be pushed back a couple of weeks to give some wriggle room if needed ?

I would doubt it very much , it's just as easy to refund £250 as it is to refund £50, plus it would have a knock on effest on the resale

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

bog roll watch ..... which one of you lot was it ?....... FFS !!.

IMG_6148.jpeg

Local Aldi to me in east Essex is exactly the same. Sanitiser, hand soap and cough medicine is also all gone. We don't even have a case near us yet. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Local Aldi to me in east Essex is exactly the same. Sanitiser, hand soap and cough medicine is also all gone. We don't even have a case near us yet. 

add to that paracetamol and pasta .... and I think we have a full house ...... a bonus for some today ... we have baked beans back in stock selling out yesterday might have been the reason for todays toilet roll issues 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

bog roll watch ..... which one of you lot was it ?....... FFS !!.

IMG_6148.jpeg

Wasn't me, Iceland £2.50 for 9, triple layered, beauty 😂

20200307_133744.thumb.jpg.c2f0bf3d4c9bd39ec0e86e9ce76d9166.jpg

That's Iceland the shop not the Country 

Edited by oneeye

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got about 4 rolls left in my house. Should do me the next couple of weeks and hopefully everything will be back to normal by then. 

id say so ... mine is similar .... if not just go in early and buy a 4 pack :)

None of our local supermarkets have had any in stock for days. All toilet paper, tissues and kitchen towels are out of stock everywhere. We have enough supply at home for another week or so. After that, we're quite literally up shit creek.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

None of our local supermarkets have had any in stock for days. All toilet paper, tissues and kitchen towels are out of stock everywhere. We have enough supply at home for another week or so. After that, we're quite literally up shit creek.

Melbourne or frome ? I presume the former