Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Next one will be Coachella at this rate. While Trump is still standing in the White House saying 'its fine, it'll go away, we have strong boarders' 

If coachella did cancel, then Glastonbury is next so that should really scared you with that thought. If the most popular and visible fest in north america cannot carry on, theres nothing to say the most popular and visible fest in the uk wont be in that position, regardless of when it happens.

4 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

The world has gone mad

Screenshot_20200306-221436.png

Cheaper to buy six bottles of whisky, the main ingredient of hand gel is iso propyl alcohol so a double scotch rubbed into the hands would do the same job. And of course once this irrational panic is over, instead of being left with bottles of hand cleanser you would have something useful! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Suprefan said:

If coachella did cancel, then Glastonbury is next so that should really scared you with that thought. If the most popular and visible fest in north america cannot carry on, theres nothing to say the most popular and visible fest in the uk wont be in that position, regardless of when it happens.

1. The UK Government and the US Government are very different beasts. 2. SXSW are doing this off their own back, outside of rulings from Government. 3. As in bold, timing 100% matters on this and thats what UK health ministers have been saying all week, canceling mass live events wont do much to stop it, it just prevents it before a proper outbreak, which is what they're trying to do. Come June, there will be no need to try and stop the outbreak as we'll be in it.

Am I concerned that Glastonbury will be cancelled. Yes. But I'm far more concerned for my health. Do I think it will be cancelled? No and until UK health ministers or UK government say anything different I wont bother worrying about it too much. 

4 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

SXSW have been made to do it by the City of Austin. Not their choice.

Yup, had to doubel check the report, my mistake. I still stand by the rest of my statement. I think it'll go ahead or be cancelled in May. 

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I do think, however, a number of cancellations for Glasto is likely. American artists could be in lockdown, especially from California, Washington and Florida, states that have announced early emergency measures.

One could be Kendrick, sorry to say.

See this is something I agree with because you can't control flight control outside the country. I could also possibly seeing Macca cancel sadly due to his health. Unless he literally turns up on the farm an hour before he plays and leaves straight after. 

Very confused about SXSW. Just 2 days ago the City of Austin said there was no evidence cancelling it would make the public any safer. Now 2 days later, they say things have drastically changed since then. Have things really changed much since Wednesday? 

See this is something I agree with because you can't control flight control outside the country. I could also possibly seeing Macca cancel sadly due to his health. Unless he literally turns up on the farm an hour before he plays and leaves straight after. 

I'd imagine he would be doing that anyway. Stones did similar couldn't get to sonic area from JP until they were rushed off from pyramid. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Very confused about SXSW. Just 2 days ago the City of Austin said there was no evidence cancelling it would make the public any safer. Now 2 days later, they say things have drastically changed since then. Have things really changed much since Wednesday? 

I think they're realising that the government and health care system over there can't handle an outbreak because people will just refuse to go to the doctor. 

2 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Hoping every day that Glasto goes ahead. Please... There's absolutely nothing I want more.

As I and a few others have said, if a festival that is still 3 months away gets cancelled; while I love the festival, we will have a lot more things to worry about. 

10 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Hoping every day that Glasto goes ahead. Please... There's absolutely nothing I want more.

Feeling confident your will alone is enough to make it happen. 

Charm x

As I and a few others have said, if a festival that is still 3 months away gets cancelled; while I love the festival, we will have a lot more things to worry about. 

Are you sure, I don’t even have a ticket and will be pretty gutted if it’s cancelled. 

Charm x

5 minutes ago, Charm said:

Are you sure, I don’t even have a ticket and will be pretty gutted if it’s cancelled. 

Charm x

Completely because if Glastonbury goes down so do most large events, be it music or sporting will go down across May/June and possibly July. 

This is an absolute rollercoaster ride and, contrary to those in the real world, I am not enjoying it.

Three weeks ago Lana was announced and I was both so excited and so disheartened because I feared it could be for nought.

Then there were two weeks of me being worried but with occasional sparks of optimism.

On Tuesday Glastonbury release a statement saying they are moving forward as usual. Good news, reason to be optimistic.

On Wednesday I was despondent, after that local news bulletin that suggested the window for decision making could be as little as two-three weeks. I was most convinced that in that event, cancellation could be the only option.

Yesterday Chris Whitty said all of that lovely sensible sounding stuff and it seems the Public Health guidelines are all on the same page re. preventing mass gatherings having little effect. Most optimistic I have been since this whole thing started.

And then today these cancellations start coming in, with some far enough away that I can't just brush them off. Back to very worried.

Whatever happens, at this rate, come Glasto weekend I will be absolutely wrecked before even stepping onto the farm. Or not. In which case I will be wrecked who knows where, wailing into the void.

18 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

To be fair that is the equivalent of 60 of the small 50ml bottles so would equate to about £1.65 each if hought separately.  It' a mark up....but not a massive one.

Those bottles cost about £3 each normally.  Mark up of over 500 percent.

Edited by Spindles

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

To be fair that is the equivalent of 60 of the small 50ml bottles so would equate to about £1.65 each if hought separately.  It' a mark up....but not a massive one.

Nah it's massive.

It's quite late and I've had a few wines but it's roughly 400% a bottle

Screenshot_20200306-233807.png

Edited by Dave85radiohead

The odds are so low I'll ever get the chance to go again. Just realizing that fucking sucks so bad. Praying that it goes ahead. If it doesn't, I hope to god that I have a 2021 automatically, because I don't realistically see it happening in my life otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheaper to buy six bottles of whisky, the main ingredient of hand gel is iso propyl alcohol so a double scotch rubbed into the hands would do the same job. And of course once this irrational panic is over, instead of being left with bottles of hand cleanser you would have something useful! 

I'm not saying you should spend £100 on hand sanitizer, but you do know that whiskey isn't strong enough - it should be around 60%.

Just in case you were serious :)