Jump to content

Corona Virus - Should we be worried?


Jimbojam

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The BUY MY BOOK!!! comment directly underneath should tell you all you need to know...

Struggling to see why you got a downvotes for that. Unless it's because you didn't say "I bet the Kardashian are kicking themselves for missing that one"😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Studying the people shopping today was incredible ... we didn’t have a single panic buyer amongst them ... despite most trolleys being full to overflowing ... the conversations between people equally incredible ... normally only once a year do you hear the standard comment of ... you’d think the world was going to end !! Come on I reckon most of you utter it at Christmas :) 

Haven’t seen any yet, how is yours shop doing for sanitiser Crazy? I was in Home Bargains on Wednesday and speaking to a member of their staff she told me that 6 cases of sanitiser came in in the morning, the cage that they were on was brought out to the shop floor, the cases were taken off the cage and then all 6 cases were gone before they even got to the shelf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mashedonmud said:

Struggling to see why you got a downvotes for that. Unless it's because you didn't say "I bet the Kardashian are kicking themselves for missing that one"😁

I assume it's because I pointed out the obvious flaw in an attempt to scaremonger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Haven’t seen any yet, how is yours shop doing for sanitiser Crazy? I was in Home Bargains on Wednesday and speaking to a member of their staff she told me that 6 cases of sanitiser came in in the morning, the cage that they were on was brought out to the shop floor, the cases were taken off the cage and then all 6 cases were gone before they even got to the shelf.

we had 2 cases in today .... the home shop department took 1 for van drivers ...and the second lasted maybe 1 min ... no liquid soap .... but I cant see how long people will behave like this .... it might take a week or two but im sure supplies in the hardest hit areas will recover .... picking homeshopping and choosing substitutes is a nightmare at the moment ... how much soap or bog roll do people need 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I have tickets to see Micheal Kiwanuka at Barrowlands on the 13th March. Got an email last night saying it's been postponed 😞 They didn't mention coronavirus but I assume it's that?

He had to cut short his Bournemouth show on Tuesday so that is probably connected

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18279624.review-michael-kiwanuka-o2-academy-bournemouth/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

we had 2 cases in today .... the home shop department took 1 for van drivers ...and the second lasted maybe 1 min ... no liquid soap .... but I cant see how long people will behave like this .... it might take a week or two but im sure supplies in the hardest hit areas will recover .... picking homeshopping and choosing substitutes is a nightmare at the moment ... how much soap or bog roll do people need 

Mad isn’t it, I do think the retail staff need to be taken care of. So if we get more in, (which I don’t know when we’re going to now) a good chunk’ll be transferred over to be given to staff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lukethekid said:

Mad isn’t it, I do think the retail staff need to be taken care of. So if we get more in, (which I don’t know when we’re going to now) a good chunk’ll be transferred over to be given to staff. 

I think in the shops after the initial rush and hoarding lots of emphasis will be on homeshopping  .... although we have seen massive growth in some areas of the shop ... the phenomenal growth is in that part of the shop on top of the growth thats already happening ..... traditionally the start to the year is quieter and we have just had massive wage chops on top of the growth making it bloody hard at the moment all virus impacted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I know a lad doing 3 for £120 but he’s throwing in a pair of marigolds as well, any other deals?

Just because it’s you I’ll throw in a box of facemasks. They might already be used though so you’ll have to take the risk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I know a lad doing 3 for £120 but he’s throwing in a pair of marigolds as well, any other deals?

Got any Clarkey the cat?  I'll give you a pony for some yellow bentines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Media have a lot to answer for. The Murdochs in particular. Fucking w*nkers. 

The Murdochs although they own the umbrella of News Corp, they don’t run the individual businesses, people who make the argument of supporting The S*n if you have Sky subscription is just a daft way of looking at it from my perspective. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

The Murdochs although they own the umbrella of News Corp, they don’t run the individual businesses, people who make the argument of supporting The S*n if you have Sky subscription is just a daft way of looking at it from my perspective. 

I hate The S*n and Sky. Sky less so but they are guilty of sensationalism and scaremongering particularly with this story so they can F*ck right off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...