Jimbojam

Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest has anyone seen people wearing face masks yet ? I’m sure they will become more common place and maybe more common in cities at the moment ... but I saw my first one today 

Yes a few in Dublin town, by people if I had to assume to be of non-Irish descent, Asian/Tanned skin more so than caucasian, was a couple in Dublin airport on the weekend but London Luton on the way back on Monday was a lot, lot more... think that's just the Irish mentality tho of 'feck it, be grand'

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a common site around Leeds as it’s an ingrained part of Asian culture not to spread a virus they have themselves. 

I haven’t seen any westerners take up the habit yet. 

Go to a convent, there are a few that have taken up a similar but slightly different habit there.

Yeah a few on commuter line in and out of London. Primarily young people, which makes me chuckle for some reason.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest has anyone seen people wearing face masks yet ? I’m sure they will become more common place and maybe more common in cities at the moment ... but I saw my first one today 

I've seen hundreds, but live in London so not very controversial/extraordinary.

Medical experts warn that Tories still pose a greater threat to wellbeing than the Coronavirus

March 3, 2020 Popular Right Now, UK PoliticsPete Redfern
Virus that mostly kills poor people and isn't an STD dismissed as complete non-issue by Boris

Widespread transmission of coronavirus in the UK is now “highly likely”, Public Health England (PHE) has said.

But is still not likely to be as bad for the general wellbeing of society in the long term as the widespread of Tory voters across the land, and the resulting austerity, cuts to public services and withdrawal of benefits.

Following the meeting of Cobra yesterday, a senior Medical Director said the country must prepare itself.

“This is a serious threat to everyone in this land” he told reporters, “and the damage that has been done and can still be inflicted on the country could be monumental. But enough about the Tories.

“Coronavirus is pretty bad, too, so keep an eye out for that as well.”

The Prime Minister was at a meeting of the emergency Cobra committee to finalise government plans, after the number of UK cases jumped to 36.

Which is 119,964 fewer in number than the estimated number of deaths caused by austerity under the Conservative Party.

Meanwhile, the EU has raised the Coronavirus risk in member states to “moderate to high”.

Presumably because those countries tend to be led by good governments who have a vested interest in the wellbeing of their populace, so having a virus spreading around the country would be a major cause for concern. But in the UK, a few deaths here and there are nothing compared to government hellbent on increasing austerity led by Boris Johnson.

The threat to life is now out of control and multiplying at an alarming rate.

But enough about Boris Johnson.

https://thenewsdump.co.uk/medical-experts-warn-that-tories-still-pose-a-greater-threat-to-wellbeing-than-the-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR1QQHkQit2msjw99qcyL41SLhjCpzZMzbTVaxjchPSP2GiXWdugAgn3KQc

James bond running scared

Edited by zahidf

I guess in a small town it’s a bit more extraordinary mine was wandering the supermarket isles near the non existent hand sanitiser 

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

I've seen hundreds, but live in London so not very controversial/extraordinary.

should have said what are you doing here? not in a racist way

They know it'll affect sales majorly, and after all the money they would have spunked on it, good move by them tbf

Meanwhile people will still carry on going to the cinema.

Disappointing, given Mr Bond gets as much fulfilment out of killing as it does, so why won't he admit it?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

source?

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's getting absolutely ridiculous. 

ADA3AC1F-3F63-4A2B-877A-8D851EA020DD.thumb.jpeg.de8d553a4c37348e88d9a80b9a6b7ef8.jpeg

todays calm down everyone photo of Arran from across the Clyde. Sunny but bloody freezing! 
the closest island is Cumbrae. The next one is  Bute and the snowy one is Arran 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Just now, CJTM said:

source?

They will, people aren’t going to stop going to the cinema.

A cinema holds about 100 if that, if films are now being pushed back then surely most other things will be too. Seems very knee jerk and completely based around the studio being scared they won’t get as most pennies as they possibly could, not for anyone’s wellbeing. 

What if they have a plot point that is about a deadly virus being unleashed and they would not want that out there and suffer even moreso?

Just now, Suprefan said:

What if they have a plot point that is about a deadly virus being unleashed and they would not want that out there and suffer even moreso?

Personally that type of thing doesn’t bother me, I can separate fact from fiction and understand the plot was decided upon months before the outbreak. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I can separate fact from fiction

America voted for Trump, the UK voted for brexit.

:P 

Just now, eFestivals said:

America voted for Trump, the UK voted for brexit.

:P 

Ha good point. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

ADA3AC1F-3F63-4A2B-877A-8D851EA020DD.thumb.jpeg.de8d553a4c37348e88d9a80b9a6b7ef8.jpeg

todays calm down everyone photo of Arran from across the Clyde. Sunny but bloody freezing! 

Great idea. My favourite place in the world - Achill Island, Mayo

0keembay.jpg

I'm working on a cure. My chemistry skills are not great. I'll try several different ratios of rum. Corona not allowed in here. Ever.😜

20191220_161234.jpg

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ah go on then ... my all time fav photo ive taken from NZ 

CIMG0615.jpeg

Playing the old photo game eeehhhh 

7CC2894C-A9E3-4CE0-ACE9-905D01999C51.jpeg

Edited by lukethekid

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They will, people aren’t going to stop going to the cinema.

A cinema holds about 100 if that, if films are now being pushed back then surely most other things will be too. Seems very knee jerk and completely based around the studio being scared they won’t get as most pennies as they possibly could, not for anyone’s wellbeing. 

I guess a film will make money regardless of when it’s released, now or in 6 months.

But a quick google shows Skyfall for example took £20m in its first weekend in the UK. If coronavirus reduces Cinema attendance by 20% that’s £4m lost in just the first weekend.