Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I still think all this panic is a load of bollocks or am I really thick because wouldn't our bog standard flu be killing off the old/sick anyway ? 

I’ve been thinking exactly the same, I genuinely don’t understand it

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

If you’re easily spooked stay away from some of the stories coming out of Italian hospitals. Heartbreaking stuff.

Which I take it you've been reading as many as you can with glee whilst masterbating furiously as this virus seems to get you very excited.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I still think all this panic is a load of bollocks or am I really thick because wouldn't our bog standard flu be killing off the old/sick anyway ? 

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

I’ve been thinking exactly the same, I genuinely don’t understand it

Some of them yes, many of them no. If they have been keeping up with their vaccinations, then "normal" flu shouldn't be as big a problem. Can't vaccinate them for this at the moment, so they are at greater risk. 

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Update. I coincidentally saw them again today. Turns out they could source the hand sanitiser from China after all and actually ordered double the amount!  It will keep for years so no problems there.

They also said that at the mo the festival is going ahead as expected.

Out of updates, but that's brilliant news.

My working theory is that Glastonbury 2020 is ON, but there will be line up changes, potentially quite last minute.

I reckon we'll be asked to hand-sanitise on entry.

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Update. I coincidentally saw them again today. Turns out they could source the hand sanitiser from China after all and actually ordered double the amount!  It will keep for years so no problems there.

They also said that at the mo the festival is going ahead as expected.

Great news, thanks for the update. If I could upvote more today I would. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

I would agree with this but the longer our government try to put of social distancing then the more likely it is not going to peak until after May and restriction are going to be in place bang in the middle of festival season.  

Anyone think this could be a Tory plot to stop Glasto coz 99% of glasto goers hate them? :D:D 

Just now, Havors said:

I would agree with this but the longer our government try to put of social distancing then the more likely it is not going to peak until after May and restriction are going to be in place bang in the middle of festival season.  

Anyone think this could be a Tory plot to stop Glasto coz 99% of glasto goers hate them? :D:D 

I might have mentioned that once or twice... 😂

13 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Which I take it you've been reading as many as you can with glee whilst masterbating furiously as this virus seems to get you very excited.

No mate worried for the friends and family I have who are right in the firing line for this deadly virus.

21 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I don’t see how it’s possible to read the reports from Italian hospitals - which are pretty well equipped and staffed - and still think this is a ‘load of bollocks’.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

I don’t see how it’s possible to read the reports from Italian hospitals - which are pretty well equipped and staffed - and still think this is a ‘load of bollocks’.

But wouldn't normal flu have killed them aswell? 

Just now, gazzared said:

Maybe, maybe not. As quoted above, we can vaccinate at-risk populations for flu. It saves countless lives every year. We can't do that for this virus yet. Also, we don't fully know how the virus kills people (why aren't kids at risk for example)...so which underlying medical conditions contribute to fatality could be entirely different to those that lead to death as a result of flu. 

22 minutes ago, gazzared said:

It’s meaning that people with other ailments aren’t being treated (and therefore dying) plus the medical staff are also now getting sick. And those presenting with Corona but with prior illnesses aren’t being treated. 

Edit: young people also being heavily affected in Italy. So the idea that it only affects old/sick seems wrong/harmful.

Edited by whitehorses

17 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

No mate worried for the friends and family I have who are right in the firing line for this deadly virus.

We all have elderly relatives, I know I've talked about relieving my mother who is in her 70s of babysitting duty so she doesn't have to use as much public transport if things get worse. I don't spend every waking moment screaming in her face that we're all doomed and she's going to die.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mcshed said:

We all have elderly relatives, I know I've talked about relieving my mother who is in her 70s of babysitting duty so she doesn't have to use as much public transport if things get worse. I don't spend every waking moment screaming in her face that we're all doomed and she's going to die.

Dude, chill out.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I doubt that they are either. You don't have to come into this thread to read the comments.

Just now, wonker said:

I doubt that they are either. You don't have to come into this thread to read the comments.

I'm actually interested in discussing the implications of this virus, I don't think that is helped by someone coming on to simply say we are all doomed every day.

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I agree that people dont really need to keep mentioning they have old parents / relatives - literally everyone on here has parents / grand parents / friends that are old, people who might not be in the best of health.- unless they are orphans then i am sorry.

It is a bit scary at times, but we are pretty much all in the same boat.

Edited by Earth_pig
  • Upvote 1