Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

8 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Because there’s debate and discussion, and then there’s irrational and unfounded nonsense. You posted two weeks ago saying you’re resigned to the fact you’re going to get it because you live in London. You were rattling on about the pope, when he didn’t even have the infection.

And now because older acts and bands (who’re in the at risk category) are cancelling imminent shows, that must mean a festival in three months is inevitably not happening. 

I honestly hope your prediction for Glastonbury is as good as it was for the pope. 

I still stand by the fact that being in London is probably not the best place to be right now if you’re trying to avoid infection. But funnily enough a lot of people don’t have a choice and have to lump it. The pope was tested lol because even his officials were concerned about him having the virus. It’s not just older acts cancelling shows, Miley bloody Cyrus has cancelled shows.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's not the day before tho is it. Still over 3 months away.

Obvs they're not gonna leave it to the last week or whatever, but they'll wait as long as they can before calling it off.

7 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

How many artists have cancelled tours because of it, and how many in the same period have in fact announced tours? Too early to claim anything yet surel

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still stand by the fact that being in London is probably not the best place to be right now if you’re trying to avoid infection. But funnily enough a lot of people don’t have a choice and have to lump it. The pope was tested lol because even his officials were concerned about him having the virus. It’s not just older acts cancelling shows, Miley bloody Cyrus has cancelled shows.

Did you mean to quote me in this?

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I absolutely love the way the media can take a simple fact like surfaces found in public could spread the disease and turn it into a story to make cretins panic.

It’s not untrue though, is it. Those “cretins” you unkindly describe might even benefit from being made aware of potential transmission points in the kind of publications they read. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still stand by the fact that being in London is probably not the best place to be right now if you’re trying to avoid infection. But funnily enough a lot of people don’t have a choice and have to lump it. 

I live in London, and work in London within the public services.. dealing with the type of people who’d happily contract the infection at the expense of a high numerous times a day. As of yet, my job has suggested doubling up gloves and washing hands in between jobs.. no face masks and no other advice. 

At this time, I’ve been told risk is low. Until that changes and my daily work routine has to be altered, I won’t entertain the thought that there’s a possibility Glastonbury could be cancelled. We’re not Italy, and until the government gives you something concrete to work on; the festival is happening.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Would you still go?

If the authorities deem it acceptable to go to a festival in June, I will be there. 100%. Otherwise, I should just chuck it - no trains, buses, shops, work place, pubs etc until there are a nominal amount of cases left. 

Would you not go if the government was happy for you to do so?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Would you still go?

Honesty, I don't know, and its really upsetting. I'm fortunate that me paying for my ticket and not going isn't going to cause me any financial worries, so I'll be paying it off. It'll end up being a very last minute choice, but if its to the extent that I can't go to Glastonbury because of it, I probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

If the authorities deem it acceptable to go to a festival in June, I will be there. 100%. Otherwise, I should just chuck it - no trains, buses, shops, work place, pubs etc until there are a nominal amount of cases left. 

Would you not go if the government was happy for you to do so?

I think Stuart was asking because I've been open about the fact that if I were to contract this I would be in a really bad way. As I said above, If I chose not to go to Glastonbury, I'd probably have to chose to stay inside for a fairly long time as well.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I think Stuart was asking because I've been open about the fact that if I were to contract this I would be in a really bad way. As I said above, If I chose not to go to Glastonbury, I'd probably have to chose to stay inside for a fairly long time as well.

That makes sense! Thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Would you choose to give your ticket money to the charities Glastonbury support if they gave you that option in the event of cancellation? 

Great idea. I've already factored that money in to my budget and I'd save about £200 on food and drink from not going, so yeah I would.

4 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I live in London, and work in London within the public services.. dealing with the type of people who’d happily contract the infection at the expense of a high numerous times a day. As of yet, my job has suggested doubling up gloves and washing hands in between jobs.. no face masks and no other advice. 

At this time, I’ve been told risk is low. Until that changes and my daily work routine has to be altered, I won’t entertain the thought that there’s a possibility Glastonbury could be cancelled. We’re not Italy, and until the government gives you something concrete to work on; the festival is happening.

It just seems like different people are in different streams. I’ve started a new job and all the work I’ve done for the company so far has just totally gone down the drain. We’re cancelling everything up till September and our line of work has been completely frustrated. Clients don’t want to come and visit us. We are having to find novel solutions (webinars etc) just to keep work a float.

Were not worried about losing clients, we are quite a reputable company, but we don’t know how long this stalemate is going to last and what it means.

I apologise if I’ve come across hysterical it’s just this virus has totally taken over my life lol. For the past few weeks all I’ve been doing is cancelling things and seeing what can be done insurance wise. It’s a joke.

2 minutes ago, wilby-wilbert said:

I keep dipping back in for any updates only to find pages and pages of 99% speculation and bickering. 

If you dont have anything informed or new to say can you please return to the foals/ 1975 threads? 

Does that mean its 1% memes?