Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

I've been following this Coronavirus stuff quite closely but the toilet roll thing passed me by til my Mum messaged earlier (we're heading back there this weekend from France) "we might not have any toilet roll when you get back" I I got a couple of packs here to put in my case.... Obviously she found out eventually that Sainsburys had got a later delivery of them but may as well throw them in as I have the space....

2 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

I see TwitchCon has been cancelled, which is being held somewhere which has so far not been affected too much (Amsterdam) and isn't until May. Which has made me a bit more nervous.

It's probably up to the business right now, Glastonbury hasn't expressed any desire to cancel, so I'm not too worried right now.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've been following this Coronavirus stuff quite closely but the toilet roll thing passed me by til my Mum messaged earlier (we're heading back there this weekend from France) "we might not have any toilet roll when you get back" I I got a couple of packs here to put in my case.... Obviously she found out eventually that Sainsburys had got a later delivery of them but may as well throw them in as I have the space....

toilet rolls have only been an issue the last 2 days ...... (Crazyfool your toilet roll correspondant )

3 hours ago, Gilb said:

What's this thing with loo-roll all about? Has the mass-panic given everyone the shits?

Seems that way! Aside from the fact that the virus doesn’t make you need toilet paper, what’s especially amazing is that people haven’t figured out they can use normal tissues [edited for environmental reasons] in the absence of toilet roll. Like they haven’t figured out you can use soap in the absence of hand sanitizer. When did people become so thick?!

Here all Tesco’s had sold out of ibuprofen (like that’s going to make a difference😂), but no one had thought of going next door to Boots, which were fully stocked.

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Seems that way! Aside from the fact that the virus doesn’t make you need toilet paper, what’s especially amazing is that people haven’t figured out they can use kitchen roll in the absence of toilet roll. Like they haven’t figured out you can use soap in the absence of hand sanitizer. When did people become so thick?!

Here all Tesco’s had sold out of ibuprofen (like that’s going to make a difference😂), but no one had thought of going next door to Boots, which were fully stocked.

they had in Taunton ... all of those had sold out in Asda 

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The French, with their bidets, are laughing now, aren't they...?

I always wondered if/how you were meant to dry your bottom after using a bidet, so I looked it up, the results were horrifying:

You can use toilet paper or a towel in order to dry off. Often you will find a ring near the bidet with a towel hanging on it, and this may be to dry off your hands or nether region, or even to wipe up any water that has splashed out of the fixture when you rinse the bidet after using it.

there’s a communal towel people use to dry their bottoms that they then hang on a rail for other people to use🤢

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

I always wondered if/how you were meant to dry your bottom after using a bidet, so I looked it up, the results were horrifying:

there’s a communal towel people use to dry their bottoms that they then hang on a rail for other people to use🤢

Much better than the Romans communal sponge on stick that was used for the entire procedure. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

There are certain things I don't need to know and this was one of them , now I'm going to sing happy birthday as I wash my hands after throwing up

4 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Can this thread please ignore the thread of the guy claiming a parking agreement will means the end of Glastonbury. I'm guessing either a troll or just way off base.

Certainly, I think any decision if they decided to cancel would be several weeks away, so it wouldn’t fret about any supposed ‘clues’ right now

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Privacy wasn’t an option either. The channel you see in the floor was full of water so you could give the sponge a rinse. 

2529AF31-F372-4A80-949C-81D229E457CF.thumb.jpeg.23207c2d9514a8700188962dc3d4096f.jpeg

How do you know so much about this?!😂

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Premier League considering banning fans over 70 from attending games!! 

Not sure what the logic is, As the under 70s could then go home and pass it on to their parents, grandparents etc. In all seriousness my main worries are around carrying the disease and passing it on to a more vulnerable person. I work mainly supporting people with cancer diagnoses and their relatives, so I’d be mortified if I unknowingly contracted the virus then passed it on to them, it would be pretty deadly. The fact you can carry it for a week without symptoms is a real concern.

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Too many late nights watching history channels on YouTube. Autoplay sends you on some random tangents. 

I usually have a terrible memory but for some reason it becomes photographic when it comes to anything that has amused me