Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I need to go shopping just for general stuff, my beer supply is getting low. I really could do with some bog roll anyway.

I really can’t be bothered with the usual Friday night crowds let alone when they’ve been ramped up to a frenzy of panic buying. 

Ok deep breaths. This needs to be said. 

PEOPLE OF BRITAIN. 

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

The problem being that sell outs of some items mean that people grab the thing that is closest to what they actually want ... but they dont really want it .....  today we had no pasta at all ..... by the end of the day no tins of beans ..  the supermarkets despite what the health minister says will struggle for a little while to get these things back whilst people are jumping into unneeded alternatives ... so causing the loop .... this isn't a dig at you squirrel but today everyone needed toilet roll .... I mean everyone  , every trolley and most had the largest packs we sell in them .... no issues with the beer though ... enjoy it :) 

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

How many rolls did you have left before you bought this ?

yep totally my point ... everyone today needed everything they brought .... I didnt hear a single person say I dont need this ive brought it because im hoarding it just in case 

It seems that some people’s aim in this thread is to cause people to panic, our growth rate isn’t as bad as S Korea and Italy. I hope some people can just take a moment, as yes whilst this is a bad moment we are fortunately in this country relatively lucky at the moment. It’s borderline irresponsible the posts some others here.

The infection rate against those tested is pretty low looking at it, so if that can stay as is then we are pretty fortunate. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep totally my point ... everyone today needed everything they brought .... I didnt hear a single person say I dont need this ive brought it because im hoarding it just in case 

Hey, I really did need them!

I see TwitchCon has been cancelled, which is being held somewhere which has so far not been affected too much (Amsterdam) and isn't until May. Which has made me a bit more nervous.

I wonder when something like Lost & Found (30 April - 3 May in Malta) is thinking of making a decision?

Just went the shops. Missus wanted me to buy some loo roll. Felt like a Covid-19 idiot as its a large pack (5 of us) and we were down to the last two rolls.

Still cant source myself a limited edition Salted Carmel Twix not sure if that is Covid-19 related ?