Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

41 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Why do you think this random Hollywood rumour clown, who hasn't been relevant in over a decade, is some how worth posting here? Fucking melted man.

Because he may know someone who knows someone who knows some info? 

edit: although he probably doesn’t 

Edited by lukethekid

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

In terms of risk Coachella is in California which is approx 1.8x bigger than the UK and they have had 1 case whereas UK is currently 115. Ergo their risk is much lower

I’d question how many people in the US have come forward with symptoms considering how much they have to pay for their healthcare.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

I’d question how many people in the US have come forward with symptoms considering how much they have to pay for their healthcare.

$3200 to get tested in Florida if you don’t have insurance. 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I have tickets to see Micheal Kiwanuka at Barrowlands on the 13th March. Got an email last night saying it's been postponed 😞 They didn't mention coronavirus but I assume it's that?

Isn't he ill? I thought he had laryngitis?

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

$3200 to get tested in Florida if you don’t have insurance. 

This along with what I think 15% of the work force not getting paid for sick leave and if they were to get paid for sick leave a large percentage get about 8-10 days. 

Actually think artists not travelling is the bigger risk here. I’m supposed to be at a conference in San Diego at the end of April, up til yesterday they were saying all fine. Now saying travel restrictions on speakers and attendees from their own institutions might cause postponement. I guess it’ll depend on how many back out and where we are later in the year. If cases peak in March, might have settled down by May and we’ll be grand.

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Why in utter God would you share a Perez Hilton rumour here? Is it 2005? 

It’s the same as Sun articles on Glastonbury. Yes the source is cancer but they probably have friends in high places who know this sort of stuff.

The showbiz Sun for example, usually get accurate Glastonbury info because their sources are directly from the showbiz camp. Same with Perez. He is abhorrent but he probably does know someone involved in Coachella.

Coachella are adamant that it is going ahead, and I think it will, but obviously you don’t know what conversations are happening behind the doors.