Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right, because there's no chance of a fully legal traveller to make it through an error in the screening process?

Maybe not find another shitty stick to beat people with eh?

Yes that is true too, but just stating that even if we did everything we could, and undetected  source could just trigger it again,  hopefully we have vaccines by that time

13 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

All the containment in the country, and all it takes is for an infected illegal immigrant to come by boat and the whole process restarts

Hope whichever country that comes up with a vaccine remembers these shit takes when it comes to sharing it.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right, because there's no chance of a fully legal traveller to make it through an error in the screening process?

Maybe not find another shitty stick to beat people with eh?

All I meant before you get your heckles up is that there is no sceening  old son.. There's a war down there I very much doubt that screening is first priority... Its a horrible situation down there and imo turkey hasnt helped either the people fleeing or the people through which they travel.... 

On a different note but same thing.. They have reopened the louvre.. Why..... Places like that and say the tower London etc could shut for a bit because they are places people could hopefully visit in the morning future.. 

2 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Yes that is true too, but just stating that even if we did everything we could, and undetected  source could just trigger it again,  hopefully we have vaccines by that time

Conversely, if you are an illegal immigrant, chances are you will be intercepted and exposed to more strigent health checks etc than any general traveller with a 10 day incubation to mask their potentially infected status.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What does their legality have to do with it? 

I guess it doesn’t but if we had every measure in place at ports, with procedures  to follow, that would be enforced, then I’m guessing the disease would be picked up, no disrespect was meant to anyone, just stating an unknown person entering could bring it, if all procedures were followed in a ideal world

4 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Ok, undetected source is very different from illegal immigrant though. Choice of words innit.

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Unfair though. Any movement of people from sources of infection will present risk. As has been said in the press, this virus may become an annular seasonal issue.

True.. Its the planet fighting back. 

My main concern here is they're forced to make a decision too early. If they're able to wait until start of June, I feel incredibly confident it goes ahead.

If they have to decide in three weeks, I think there's a good chance it'll be cancelled/postponed. The situation is absolutely going to be worse in three weeks and I don't think we'll have got over the peak of the bell curve. 

Let's hope they're able to take their time and make a rational decision, and not forced in to something hasty.

What's the word on Coachella? Surely that would be first up if there are festival cancellations.

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

All I meant before you get your heckles up is that there is no sceening  old son.. There's a war down there I very much doubt that screening is first priority... Its a horrible situation down there and imo turkey hasnt helped either the people fleeing or the people through which they travel.... 

Same as I said to Wayne, choice of words is a powerful thing pal.

Look at places like Korea or Iran. It takes one person to either not fully disclose where they've been, not show symptoms when they're screened, or even find a way to cheat the screening (which some fuckers will do) and you've got the same problem.

Probably no one will read this but If it gets cancelled it will be something very hard to digest and I would be in the shit. 

Going to Glasto it's a dream that I always saw far far away (I am not living in the UK). Since I got the tickets after years trying, I put Glastonbury as my light at the end of the tunnel as I am going through bad times. Every single day since I got them I was here, reading things, watching videos or thinking about it or planning whatever. Basically with the "it's ok it's one day less". Even I planned to quit my job one month before the festival to clear my mind and just enjoy there and restart after it. 

For some people maybe it's just a festival and that's all, but (and I think I am not the only one here) for others like me it's a therapy and a place to forget all the shit around. 

I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I couldn't handle such a bad luck... :(

Edited by AlexOvd

This is getting a bit toxic .... Views,, politics etc.. 

And now the wife says she's seen an article about it being in dogs and cats so with that in mind.. Laters 

Not everyone is good with words.. Especially texting like this.. Face to face is better cos you have human interaction.. 

Peace and tea all 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, whitehorses said:

I wouldn’t assume we can vaccinate against this. We have no vaccines for the common cold. 

The vaccine is in development and is currently being tested on animals, will be tested on humans next month. They are aiming for commercial distribution beginning of next year.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

Probably no one will read this but If it gets cancelled it will be something very hard to digest and I would be in the shit. 

Going to Glasto it's a dream that I always saw far far away (I am not living in the UK). Since I got the tickets after years trying, I put Glastonbury as my light at the end of the tunnel as I am going through bad times. Every single day since I got them I was here, reading things, watching videos or thinking about it or planning whatever. Even I planned to quit my job one month before the festival to clear my mind and just enjoy there and restart after it. 

For some people maybe it's just a festival and that's all, but (and I think I am not the only one here) for others like me it's a therapy and a place to forget all the shit around. 

Keep the faith, mate. Stick to your job quit plan regardless, it's obviously something you need to do. If the festival is canned, keep your travel plans, have an adventure. Let's hope it doesn't come to that but your plan B could be just as amazing

6 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Going to Glasto it's a dream that I always saw far far away (I am not living in the UK). Since I got the tickets after years trying, I put Glastonbury as my light at the end of the tunnel as I am going through bad times. Every single day since I got them I was here, reading things, watching videos or thinking about it or planning whatever. Even I planned to quit my job one month before the festival to clear my mind and just enjoy there and restart after it. 

😞

Sorry to hear this Alex. I think a lot of people feel like that about it. One of my crew in particular said she really needs Glastonbury this year, as a break from all the shit. It's particular unfortunate if you've never got tickets before. But we don't know what will happen yet!

And as @Supernintendo Chalmers says, a Plan B could be amazing too 

Edited by Sasperella

3 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

I wouldn’t assume we can vaccinate against this. We have no vaccines for the common cold. 

I don’t really know anything about it but isn’t that because the common cold constantly mutates so you cannot become immune/vaccinate against it? I’m sure someone can answer that properly though.

If they can’t find a vaccine that could be a good news/bad news scenario though. Bad for obvious reasons, but good in the sense that if there is no vaccine you can’t contain it and put life on hold forever.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Been reading for a while now, just to chip in with me 2p worth.  All fingers and toes and extremities are crossed for the green light to go ahead in June.  I watched Points West earlier on tele which was about as much as they could say really.  Thing is though, living around here as I and several generations of family are and have done, we've seen a consistent closure of local hospitals (as many areas have in the UK) but the district hospitals (about 3 or 4 service a huge area) have not had the investment to keep pace.  We have to travel by car to the nearest hospital, in my case the nearest is Yeovil about 30 mins away.  They are already stretched significantly, again like most NHS facilities.  But for several 100k people to descend over several weeks (build, fest, unbuild), bearing in mind a lot of local people are involved across the festival, it would be an absolute nightmare for the wider South West health authorities.  Fingers x'd it all burns out nice and quick and the hype in the media is all it is.  I've got End Of The Road as back up :D

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

And now the wife says she's seen an article about it being in dogs and cats so with that in mind.. Laters 

Not everyone is good with words.. Especially texting like this.. Face to face is better cos you have human interaction.. 

Peace and tea all 

Yeah I know pal, that's why I went for a...measured response instead of just going off on one. Everyone's got someone they're worried about.

Peace and tea indeed

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Going to Glasto it's a dream that I always saw far far away (I am not living in the UK). Since I got the tickets after years trying, I put Glastonbury as my light at the end of the tunnel as I am going through bad times. Every single day since I got them I was here, reading things, watching videos or thinking about it or planning whatever. Basically with the "it's ok it's one day less". Even I planned to quit my job one month before the festival to clear my mind and just enjoy there and restart after it. 

Glasto will survive I think (dont know about the smaller festivals). Life is bigger than Glasto. In the meantime we'll all support you and keep you occupied on here I suspect 😁

Edited by Pinhead

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Peace and tea all 

Some subjects are best avoided, for various reasons, Guy. 

Have a good evening ✌🏻