Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Just now, CJTM said:

source?

They will, people aren’t going to stop going to the cinema.

A cinema holds about 100 if that, if films are now being pushed back then surely most other things will be too. Seems very knee jerk and completely based around the studio being scared they won’t get as most pennies as they possibly could, not for anyone’s wellbeing. 

Just now, Suprefan said:

What if they have a plot point that is about a deadly virus being unleashed and they would not want that out there and suffer even moreso?

Personally that type of thing doesn’t bother me, I can separate fact from fiction and understand the plot was decided upon months before the outbreak. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

ADA3AC1F-3F63-4A2B-877A-8D851EA020DD.thumb.jpeg.de8d553a4c37348e88d9a80b9a6b7ef8.jpeg

todays calm down everyone photo of Arran from across the Clyde. Sunny but bloody freezing! 

Great idea. My favourite place in the world - Achill Island, Mayo

0keembay.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They will, people aren’t going to stop going to the cinema.

A cinema holds about 100 if that, if films are now being pushed back then surely most other things will be too. Seems very knee jerk and completely based around the studio being scared they won’t get as most pennies as they possibly could, not for anyone’s wellbeing. 

I guess a film will make money regardless of when it’s released, now or in 6 months.

But a quick google shows Skyfall for example took £20m in its first weekend in the UK. If coronavirus reduces Cinema attendance by 20% that’s £4m lost in just the first weekend.

10 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess a film will make money regardless of when it’s released, now or in 6 months.

But a quick google shows Skyfall for example took £20m in its first weekend in the UK. If coronavirus reduces Cinema attendance by 20% that’s £4m lost in just the first weekend.

I understand that but who’s to say another big emergency won’t come up in November time. If people think the film is worth it, they’ll go and see it. People are still going to other social events, the world still spins. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Theres an article on points west in 30 mins specific to the festival  .... the tag line was concerns that there aren't enough facilities to wash your hands .....

I'm very skeptical of the effect of the virus on the festival, but this could be a genuine logistical hurdle.