Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm most worried about the US, since their healthcare culture isn't exactly about everyone pulling together in a coordinate way.

I heard this morning that the US are having to pay to be tested if you’re tested as negative, then on the other hand if you require to be quarantined then you have to pay for that as well. Trump has got their economy in the right direction but you would have thought that in the light of this he would have relaxed the costs otherwise it is only going to spread like wildfire in America. 

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

I heard this morning that the US are having to pay to be tested if you’re tested as negative, then on the other hand if you require to be quarantined then you have to pay for that as well. Trump has got their economy in the right direction but you would have thought that in the light of this he would have relaxed the costs otherwise it is only going to spread like wildfire in America. 

Today's news that SSP provision will be improved for workers in the UK during this crisis is a welcome relief for me.  I had deep concerns about the most vulnerable low waged suffering hardest. For many the idea of 3 days unpaid off work is the difference between whether or not they can pay the rent that week.  The peak of the virus being in spring also means that thankfully it's not peak season for energy usage.  My main concern has always been the social cost, rather than mortality rate or economic impact.

10 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Land of the free

Some better news and actually a rare serious post from myself. 

It looks like the virus has mutated into two forms. The more deadly version is on the decrease and is harder to transmit however a new strain is the one that is spreading rapidly. This version isn’t as harmful as the previous version but you’re far more likely to catch it. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-chinese-scientists-identify-two-types-covid-19.html

Basically they’ve moved skill points from deadly into infection rate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We all have our niche in life, and mine is to be able to almost guarantee to be disappointing. My dad was disappointing, his dad was disappointing, and his dad before him was also disappointing. I'm sure that you'll agree that that is a 'special' pedigree. There are people out there who don't register on any level, and would almost kill to be Biblically disappointing.

Should I be pleased or disappointed about this?

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Some better news and actually a rare serious post from myself. 

It looks like the virus has mutated into two forms. The more deadly version is on the decrease and is harder to transmit however a new strain is the one that is spreading rapidly. This version isn’t as harmful as the previous version but you’re far more likely to catch it. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-chinese-scientists-identify-two-types-covid-19.html

Basically they’ve moved skill points from deadly into infection rate. 

Bloody Peryite will be behind this...

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, TownesMR said:

Wow they used a very different headline than other media...

Well of course they can’t confirm that - not without a crystal ball or a time machine.Nobody can. It all depends how the question is worded.