Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If you really want to get into Tinfoil Hat territory you should look at where one of China’s top Bio Labs is situated. It’s quite amazing how a virus that specifically targets a section of the population that is ultimately a burden on society has made an appearance at this time. 

13705B1B-525B-43BF-A3C6-2B22269C024D.thumb.png.1a6e30244fb703a1f7b81997d4f14eda.png 

This shit frightens me much more than the virus. This is next level, disconnected from reason, validated by any source irrespective of it's quality, truth has no meaning, bullshit. I mean, there's cynicism, even unpopular opinion, and then there's 'everyone's out to get me' barmy nutjob bollocks.

The number of people who feel vindicated in their crackpot view of the world is scary.

Trump dines off this stuff (inbetween McDonalds)

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There will be some, but it's premature and an over-reaction to decide not to go in early April, for an event 10 weeks later when there may be no measurable risk. 

I totally and utterly agree, but I only look around my office today when I've been off island and travelling through the UK , at gigs and I mentioned I have a sore throat (erm from alcohol and singing) and people telling me to go home and I should be more responsible - how do we stop the panic and ensure rational thoughts ?

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

Oh yes I've seen videos of the Chinese slaughtering tens of thousands of chickens and what can only be described as a "quarry like" hole full of live pigs being set on fire. The Chinese government don't operate like other places. 

Think the pig burning was when swine flu was on. But point well made...

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Were they not just having a hog roast?

Have you seen it? I’d like to join in the hog roast joke, but honestly it’s the most vile, heartbreaking thing I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Ah, fuck it- yeah epic hog roast. The crackling looked delish 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, whitehorses said:

Have you seen it? I’d like to join in the hog roast joke, but honestly it’s the most vile, heartbreaking thing I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Was it bad? I hope I haven’t made a bad taste joke after this weekend because that would be a serious self-own.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was it bad? I hope I haven’t made a bad taste joke after this weekend because that would be a serious self-own.

If it's the same one I saw then yeah, hundreds, maybe thousands of pigs being pushed into a big dug out hole in the ground by a digger bucket - alive.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bad? It’s cruelty and suffering like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I have nightmares after watching it. 

6 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Have you seen the live caged pigs subjected to a nuclear blast for testing purposes? The West is perfectly capable of this sort of cruelty.

That footage was being shown on The Gas Tower at about 2 am as part of some documentary about nuclear war. Serious bad vibes.

22 minutes ago, doogie said:

He no longer wants any mysterious girls to get close to him

You're not allowed to get close to Peter Andre unless:

You've submitted a 14 day travel history and blood test to his people.

And then quarantined for 7 days.

And then stripped and scrubbed in 80% alcohol gel for 30 minutes.

And you wear a mask.

And goggles.

And close means within 5 metres

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Have you seen the live caged pigs subjected to a nuclear blast for testing purposes? The West is perfectly capable of this sort of cruelty.

That footage was being shown on The Gas Tower at about 2 am as part of some documentary about nuclear war. Serious bad vibes.

I haven’t seen it. And gladly I’ll try and keep it that way! And god, grim - no need to see that at 2am while ballsdeep in a gurner

• Upvote 2