Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

37 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You joined a Glastonbury Festival forum and made a joke about the likelihood of AIDS being prevalent at the area LGBT+ people enjoy congregating.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

It wasn’t homophobic 

Well, we'll never know unless Neil un-deletes it or somebody still has the page open. Maybe instead of deleting things they should just be hidden with a warning about c**tish behaviour so that people can be left to judge for themselves?

Just now, bombfrog said:

Well, we'll never know unless Neil un-deletes it or somebody still has the page open. Maybe instead of deleting things they should just be hidden with a warning about c**tish behaviour so that people can be left to judge for themselves?

We’d moved on from this yesterday and someone brought it up again. 

9 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Roll on tomorrow when @northernringo saves us all with the latest figures. 

Notwithstanding the increase to 35 in UK today I'm reasonably confident that the overall picture is one of slowing infection rates due to containment measures, and increasing recoveries.

Is the fence going up soon?  👍

Just now, morph100 said:

Yeah but Glastonbury 200,000 outdoor for five+ days is probably higher risk than 5000 indoor

of course ... I posted it a bit earlier but I wonder why this 5000 figure has come into play ... surely thats a shit load of people to go spreading things further ? just seems a bit of a strange number plucked from thin air 

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Yeah but Glastonbury 200,000 outdoor for five+ days is probably higher risk than 5000 indoor

I don't know.....surely you've more chance of coming into contact with an infected person, or something they have touched, in an arena or conference space than you would in 1000 acres with 3000 toilets to choose from?

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I don't know.....surely you've more chance of coming into contact with an infected person, or something they have touched, in an arena or conference space than you would in 1000 acres with 3000 toilets to choose from?

I think the 3000 toilets are worse than the Louvre after a few hours, let alone 5 days 🙂

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

At Glasto it would spread readily among circles of friends; sharing tents, beer, food, notes. Those circles would rapidly intersect with others; bog handles, snogging, dancefloors. Could pretty easily imagine it infecting several thousand people over the weekend. 

We did an experiment in uni where we swabbed the bog handles in the student union and analysed the germs. Holy fuck. 

2 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

At Glasto it would spread readily among circles of friends; sharing tents, beer, food, notes. Those circles would rapidly intersect with others; bog handles, snogging, dancefloors. Could pretty easily imagine it infecting several thousand people over the weekend. 

We did an experiment in uni where we swabbed the bog handles in the student union and analysed the germs. Holy fuck. 

did  you swab the students also ? 

10 minutes ago, morph100 said:

As I understand it, the general rule is that outdoor events are considered less of a risk than indoor.

Mainly because you're looking at a confined space, with comparatively limited airflow, so the transmission rate indoors is likely to be much, much higher.

1 hour ago, Big Bellend said:

That's just what Boris and his government coronies would like you to believe! Trust me, the situation is far more serious than you could possibly imagine. Fear for your lives, fear for your festival and fear for your forum. This strain of corona is coming for us all.

Sincerely,

Big Bellend

@Ommadawn has downvoted this which has now ruined what was a good day for me. I am rather upset.

Quote on the BBC: "Matt Hancock said the UK was still in the "containment" phase of the outbreak. He said the government contingency plans, which will be published this week, included banning big events."

We still dont' know yet, and I'm still getting ready for June, but it does seem to be moving that way.