Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Spent some time with some Chinese students studying in the uk today. They said some pretty interesting, and saddening, things... 

Most interesting I thought was because the situation is so bad in South Korea, Koreans are trying to claim asylum in China in their hordes to escape Corona. 

Apparently (and if I understood correctly)

Edited by whitehorses

14 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Spent some time with some Chinese students studying in the uk today. They said some pretty interesting, and saddening, things... 

Most interesting I thought was because the situation is so bad in South Korea, Koreans are trying to claim asylum in China in their hordes to escape Corona. 

Apparently (and if I understood correctly)

I worked in South Korea for about 20 weeks in 2004, saw people quite  regularly wearing masks on a daily basis, place was nice and clean to be fair

If its still around around glastonbury time I can't see arts risking coming over for the festival.. Also can't imagine Macca would risk leaving his mansion at his age.. He's done everything he wants to do in his life why risk catching coronavirus for a few hours singing the same old songs he's been singing for 100 years...

Let's hope as the summer arrives it kills this thing off. 

If it gets worse here they'll soon stop big meet events.. Then it'll be time to worry. 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

If its still around around glastonbury time I can't see arts risking coming over for the festival.. Also can't imagine Macca would risk leaving his mansion at his age.. He's done everything he wants to do in his life why risk catching coronavirus for a few hours singing the same old songs he's been singing for 100 years...

If it gets worse here they'll soon stop big meet events.. Then it'll be time to worry. 

Glastonbury continued through SARS, EBOLA and Mad Cow.

Covid-19 is likely bridged too.

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

None of those spread like wildfire far and wide and hospitalised 20% who got it...

It would be a real shame if it all gets called off because of this.

Kinda' unthinkable.

Come and see me for once.

At this this point with the numbers of France, Germany or Spain growing in Europe plus he outbreaks of Iran/South Korea/Italy it's likely won't be contained. 

My only hope is the scenario of getting spreaded and the strategy or contain it change somehow stopping trying... 

:( My first Glastonbury ever finally after years and this is so scary. The risk is real. 

Edited by AlexOvd

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

If it’s still around around Glastonbury time it’s probably best for all parties that Macca is given a one way ticket to Switzerland. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

If it’s still around around Glastonbury time it’s probably best for all parties that Macca is given a one way ticket to Switzerland. 

Don’t think a toblerone would help

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, waynewdk said:

I worked in South Korea for about 20 weeks in 2004, saw people quite  regularly wearing masks on a daily basis, place was nice and clean to be fair

I don’t think Koreans are fleeing - as it was described - because of South Korea’s conditions. They’re fleeing because of the sheer numbers of infected people and they see China as safer... Seemed a bit perverse. 

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Edgy man says edgy things on the internet for attention.

Don’t feed the troll. 

Back on corona news. There’s reports of people in Iran going to shrines in large numbers and kissing and touching those shrines in order to ward off infection. There’s even videos of people licking those shrines. No wonder it’s spreading rapidly over there. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

Back on corona news. There’s reports of people in Iran going to shrines in large numbers and kissing and touching those shrines in order to ward off infection. There’s even videos of people licking those shrines. No wonder it’s spreading rapidly over there. 

Not feeding him, but I’ve never understood the appeal of trolling.

Exactly what benefit is there to making people on the internet think you’re a c**t?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

So we disinfect the stone circle on a regular basis. Sorted. 

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I noticed when I went into Boots yesterday that all of the £1 bottles of hand sanitiser were gone, but there was an almost full shelf of ones that cost £1.80, so people are panicking, but only up to a point where they are willing to spend as little as possible.

Fantastic 😂

5 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I noticed when I went into Boots yesterday that all of the £1 bottles of hand sanitiser were gone, but there was an almost full shelf of ones that cost £1.80, so people are panicking, but only up to a point where they are willing to spend as little as possible.

I would much rather catch the cheaper version though