Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

moving on Bob ... hows do you sanitise the coup ? I remember as a kid my dad used to use a blowtorch for such purposes .... and you might also be able to answer me the chicken and egg question ...

I use good old soap and water to clean, then a thorough rinse, followed by some antibacterial spray, let it dry, then finish off with a generous dusting of red mite powder. 👍🏻

I don't use hand sanitizer. It brings me out in an awful rash. Soap and water for me. I do wash my hands a lot. I take soap with me to Glastonbury as well. It's a delicious feeling washing your hands and that soapy smell after a few days of being feral. 

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

moving on Bob ... hows do you sanitise the coup ? I remember as a kid my dad used to use a blowtorch for such purposes .... and you might also be able to answer me the chicken and egg question ...

*** Spelling Police ***

a COUP by its very nature is usually an unsanitised event... the great unwashed uprising etc..

a COOP is where you are more likely to find your chickens...

a CO-OP is somewhere else you are quite likely to find chickens (albeit in a different condition), second aisle on the right just past where the hand sanitiser used to be...

(i can concur on the use of red mite powder in the COOP btw...essential for me last year..)

Sorry @crazyfool1, please carry on...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

It wasn’t worded like that. You’ve deliberately adjusted the words to suit your cause. 🙄

Are we still going on about this?

We’ve got bigger things to worry about now like the lack of sanitiser. 

Also is it Sanitiser or Sanitizer? My phone autocorrects with the s, I get the feeling the z spelling is the americanised version. 

5 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

*** Spelling Police ***

a COUP by its very nature is usually an unsanitised event... the great unwashed uprising etc..

a COOP is where you are more likely to find your chickens...

a CO-OP is somewhere else you are quite likely to find chickens (albeit in a different condition), second aisle on the right just past where the hand sanitiser used to be...

(i can concur on the use of red mite powder in the COOP btw...essential for me last year..)

Sorry @crazyfool1, please carry on...

no thats fine ... :) alls good  in the crazyfool roost ... making sure not to spell it roast 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are we still going on about this?

We’ve got bigger things to worry about now like the lack of sanitiser. 

Also is it Sanitiser or Sanitizer? My phone autocorrects with the s, I get the feeling the z spelling is the americanised version. 

cough... Americanized

:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

It wasn’t worded like that. You’ve deliberately adjusted the words to suit your cause. 🙄

In the interests of seeking clarification on this matter, when you used the term 'snowflakes', which of the various definitions of the term were you using ie. what is your definition of the term? 

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

In the interests of seeking clarification on this matter, when you used the term 'snowflakes', which of the various definitions of the term were you using ie. what is your definition of the term? 

Snowflake- someone that gets offended easily. someone who cannot deal with opposing opinions. Someone is overly sensitive. 

14 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Snowflake- someone that gets offended easily. someone who cannot deal with opposing opinions. Someone is overly sensitive. 

So like someone who seems mortally offended that not one other person found their "joke" funny?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Thank you for the explanation, it's appreciated.

The above said, in all honesty, didn't you believe that it was more likely that you'd get the reaction that you have, as opposed to being up voted for telling a 'risque' joke? You may well admire your own sleight of hand when it comes to humour (the Lord knows, I do), but surely you must have 'known' before pressing the 'Submit Reply' thingy that it was more likely to cause upset than it was mirth. 

The problem with the current 'mainstream' definition of 'Freedom of Speech' is that it's technically decided up on by the majority. It's the only system that humans seem to be able to identify as being the correct systems to adopt, in order to work towards harmony. It ignores the fact that if other things were to change, then there may not be a need to have a system that ignores a huge swathe of the population. 

Image result for you've got to change to fit the system cartoon

PS - And this is me speaking openly and honestly - If you want an intellectual jousting session, don't be so crass in kicking it off like you did. I don't actually know, but I'd say that you were much better than that. 

33 minutes ago, incident said:

So like someone who seems mortally offended that not one other person found their "joke" funny?

I’ve already said I couldn’t care less if no one found it funny. What I cared about, is it being “reported” and deleted. Anyway I can’t be bothered to keep going on about it. I’m bored. 

13 minutes ago, bamber said:

Bored with Efests bored with with life is what they say. There is a natural justice here.

four candles....

Hello bamber,

Hope that you are happy and well. :)

Please know that I'm not trying to aggravate the situation here, but I'll see your four candles, and I'll raise you this;

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He means anyone that doesn't agree with him. That seems to be the prevailing meaning these days.

10 minutes ago, bamber said:

Hi YOG.

I don't believe you you could aggravate the situation when Joey Barton was being sent off, that is why I love you.

Bamber X

I've just looked up Joey Barton. From those search results I conclude that you're either referring to a football player or a bloke from Tipton, who isn't Gas Safe Registered, but will service your boiler for £30 - and 'no', that last bit is not a euphemism! 

Love you too bamber. xxx  :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gilb said:

This happened to me yesterday at work. Started feeling really ill, drained of energy, peeing every 15 minutes, fever, shakes....not really the symptoms for Coronavirus...but am I going to mention it? Hell no!
The first reaction would be to send me home and shut down the entire floor I work on without asking for a diagnosis! There really is a sense of panic. Anytime anyone sneezes there are looks over shoulders and a temporary silence as neighbours assess the risks to themselves. Such is office life in the heart of London.
The last time I felt this sense of nervousness was shortly after the 7/7 bombings when anyone with a rucksack on the tube was given a steely glare and a few metres space by fellow travellers.

After a bad night of sleep with more fever and peeing it looks like I have a bladder infection (cystitis maybe?) and currently feeling very weak, but trying to keep strong and focused for the Festaff appilcations tomorrow morning! :)  Priorities! :) 

That's interesting about your experience of office life in London - mine is really different in that most people seem to be taking it in their stride bar the odd off colour joke. Different office culture maybe. If someone sneezes there's usually a joke made rather than genuine fear. I grant you there's a few funny looks on the tube if you cough or sneeze though. 

No panic buying in my local Tesco either.

9 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Hand sanitiser Out Of Stock in local Tesco Superstore 

It’s actually crazy. In London today boots and Superdrug stock for loads of things was completely dry.

People might not be overtly panicking, but silently they are preparing for something.

My take on it is this... in two weeks we will a surge or flare up or cases - but then things will stabilise a bit. We will break into 100 cases very soon but lots of people will recover.

I feel more confident that things will be okay after hearing from lots of people on a more ‘local level’ that have the virus. Yes for some sections of society this is a death sentence, but a lot of people have a rough fever for three days and then shit it out.

Obviously this isn’t good enough, in theory we should think about everyone’s health - but I do believe as a nation we can overcome this.

Edited by Matt42