Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

1 minute ago, Harry MonkFish said:

I'm behalf of all my friends who are relying on the resale, best bet is to play it safe and not go this year.

I'm paying that balance no matter what, no luck my friend. There is nothing that would get in my way of going if this year actually takes place.

Was the festival on during the Foot and Mouth crisis? Or was it a fallow year?

12 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Dunno why you're stressing about it. You have no control over the decision if the worst happens. So just wait and see. As I said bigger issues if that happens.

That's like saying to anyone about anything, what's the point in worrying. Easier said than done when it's an issue at the moment.

46 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

I'm just stressing because if I don't go to Glastonbury this year, I will never be able to. It's so unlikely to get tickets especially as someone not from the UK.

This isn't true. You have just as much of a chance as anyone of getting tickets.

Now...the planning/money spent on making the trip is another story.

8 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Our local paper(Bradford)is mentioning Glasto now, to get clicks I’m guessing

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18270827.festivals-sporting-events-cancelled-coronavirus/

Wow someone in Bradford learned how to string a sentence together. 

Disclaimer: I work in Bradford 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

I really wish this thread didn't exist cause it only makes me more anxious unfortunately. I should really log off.

There might a vaccine by then, but you might grow an extra toe as it might not be fully tested, could come in handy walking pissed back to the tent

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

B03F9281-A612-4DC8-8912-44D20D46C1D4.jpeg.c2b7a1a401a55da91334d9a68ad93045.jpeg

expandable latex trousers, ideal for those who are worried about catching anything from a Long drop or wanting to spend all day at the front of the pyramid without losing your place. Empty once a day . 

Looks like the guy in green has already brought a Lenor bottle...

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yikes, I’d never heard of it until this thread. Has it always been under mentioned or have I just missed all references to it?

Currently reading "The Great Influenza" which is a fantastic book on the whole thing.

Parts are like an actual horror movie, cities just running out of coffins because of the numbers of dead, mass graves, blood coming out of eyes etc.

Cheery stuff! (But an incredibly fascinating book)

4 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Tell me I’m a twat all you want. I couldn’t care less. But what I don’t like is my JOKE being removed and myself being silenced because some people are “offended” by it. It was risqué, and bad taste. But it was not hateful. 

At no point did I call you a twat.

why do you think your right to free speech trumps other people’s  right not to be offended? Why is your ‘right’ more worthy than theirs?

if you actually read what I said I’m defending your right to tell your joke, which I didn’t see by the way, but what you can’t do it’s tell people how they can react to it. You tell a risqué joke, as you describe it, now you have to accept the consequences.

• Upvote 1

First cases of human to human transmission within the UK reported this evening, in Surrey, brings UK total cases up to 20 (active 12).

As we now have human to human transmission from an unknown source, there is definitely a possibility of an outbreak within the UK within the next few days. I am praying not as the whole situation has put me under a lot of stress already god knows what it would be like going into lockdown within our own towns and cities.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

B03F9281-A612-4DC8-8912-44D20D46C1D4.jpeg.c2b7a1a401a55da91334d9a68ad93045.jpeg

expandable latex trousers, ideal for those who are worried about catching anything from a Long drop or wanting to spend all day at the front of the pyramid without losing your place. Empty once a day . 

Oh perleeease! They're so 'yesterday'. Everybody who's anybody knows where the smart money is right now;

Image result for gimp outfit

• Upvote 2