Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

15 cases confirmed in the UK so far, 8 of which the people have walked free. The thread's had about as much activity as guesswork over where the Pet Shop Boys will go.

Can we dial down the hysteria a little bit? We're talking about Taunton not Wuhan. Envisioning some kind of imminent national Shaun Of The Dead cosplay is a bit daft at this time.

100%, getting ridiculous in here.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

15 cases confirmed in the UK so far, 8 of which the people have walked free. The thread's had about as much activity as guesswork over where the Pet Shop Boys will go.

Can we dial down the hysteria a little bit? We're talking about Taunton not Wuhan. Envisioning some kind of imminent national Shaun Of The Dead cosplay is a bit daft at this time.

Taunton ? 

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I might be wrong but I haven't seen much hysteria in this thread? Most people realise that it is impossible to predict what will happen in June...

Nothing wrong with discussing things like tickets, travel, etc. on a what-if basis.

I’ve avoided the hysteria from my nuclear bunker with pallets of hand sanitiser to live on ... someone mentioning Taunton though ... that’s it for me 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

What's the fun in that?

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

No hysteria here, just fact also reported elsewhere. Any concern is due the measures being enacted elsewhere to contain the outbreak and their potential effect to our lives. Stepson already on short time due to supply issues from China.

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

I might be wrong but I haven't seen much hysteria in this thread? Most people realise that it is impossible to predict what will happen in June...

Nothing wrong with discussing things like tickets, travel, etc. on a what-if basis.

There's plenty of hysteria. Take another look at some of the posts.

Your daily posts of doom don't help either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

There's plenty of hysteria. Take another look at some of the posts.

Your daily posts of doom don't help either.

Todays calm down, what will be will be, photo of the view over the Clyde towards the snow covered peaks of the Isle of Arran,  taken this very morning.! 

16F5173A-8745-4312-8F56-A1B404AE3C77.thumb.jpeg.8aafb0f69f8a367c15d5229e5164644b.jpeg

• Like 1