Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

43 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

The fact he's got 2 different types of crisp both ready salted makes me hate him even more

All part of a new Tory initiative, now they won seats up north they are all been given the local foods to try out. Start off with crisps, Next  week they graduate onto black pudding, finally in an attempt to woo us Scots they will be given a deep fried Mars bar 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

I panic bought loads of tinned food just in case people started to panic buy. It’s the panic buying which exacerbates the shortages.  So I thought I’d stock up before that happens.

I panic bought loads of beans, nibbles and chocolate at the weekend but the stepson's eat it all already 😣

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But imagine getting quarantined on the farm while the fest is happening. Everyone stuck there, including the performers. Place ends up looking like something from Mad Max, with lots of gangs led by the different acts.

If the world is coming to an end, it will probably be the best place for it .

At least if I shit myself this time I can blame it on the coronavirus. 

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But imagine getting quarantined on the farm while the fest is happening. Everyone stuck there, including the performers. Place ends up looking like something from Mad Max, with lots of gangs led by the different acts.

If the world is coming to an end, it will probably be the best place for it .

I’ll be part of the Arcadia Gang, there half way there

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

BBC news saying Olympic committee looking to make a decision around May.

IF Glastonbury is cancelled, I highly doubt it will be before June. They will give it every chance to go ahead.

Yeh I totally agree. Cancelling two and a half months early just so it's done before we pay balances seems a bit crazy to me. 

This is a real concern and has an unfortunate chance of becoming a reality. This may easily become a decision made at government level, other countries are already beginning to cancel large gatherings by revoking licenses.  The main issue with Glastonbury is its sheer size and international popularity.  That many people from around the globe in close contact will raise serious red flags with the UK Health department.  I’m lucky enough to of obtained a ticket for this years 50th celebrations but now not so sure it will actually go ahead.  

10 minutes ago, J0hnny said:

This is a real concern and has an unfortunate chance of becoming a reality. This may easily become a decision made at government level, other countries are already beginning to cancel large gatherings by revoking licenses.  The main issue with Glastonbury is its sheer size and international popularity.  That many people from around the globe in close contact will raise serious red flags with the UK Health department.  I’m lucky enough to of obtained a ticket for this years 50th celebrations but now not so sure it will actually go ahead.  

As long as they don’t raise a “Gary Linekar shags crisps” flag again....

No plans at all for them to cancel it yet, all their usual deliveries of equipment etc are still on order. Pyramid had a delivery yesterday weirdly enough. Festival had contingency plans in place for Swine flu/SARS etc i'm pretty sure they will be thinking of some for this with the last resort being a cancellation however if it's at that stage we would probably all have bigger things to worry about. 

Edited by Doug85

J

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

No plans at all for them to cancel it yet, all their usual deliveries of equipment etc are still on order. Pyramid had a delivery yesterday weirdly enough. Festival had contingency plans in place for Swine flu/SARS etc i'm pretty sure they will be thinking of some for this with the last resort being a cancellation however if it's at that stage we would probably all have bigger things to worry about. 

I am totally sure that it's possible to have the festival cancelled without having bigger things to worry about. I don't really think the Venice people is in that stage and they got their carnival cancelled 😕