Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

27E49755-0F07-4774-827E-9B95C02746DB.thumb.jpeg.8acf59d4c8b83fba858d7b5cf4e53237.jpeg

think we need to calm down, what will be will be. This was the view across the Clyde this morning. Certainly gave me a sense of inner peace! 

That’s glorious ... certainly beats my view of Tesco express petrol station ... if I strain my eyes I can just about make out the quantock hills which are actually a fantastic sight 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hope so ... do u have a particular interest in this area ? As you are keeping us so well updated with the numbers 

I have a holiday to Thailand booked for late July so (selfishly) been keeping track of SE Asia in particular and decided to keep a track of things a bit better across the globe!

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I have a holiday to Thailand booked for late July so (selfishly) been keeping track of SE Asia in particular and decided to keep a track of things a bit better across the globe!

Selfish or not this level of detail is useful, appreciated. I'm going to Vietnam end of April so similarly eyeing reports.

Wondering if the situation won't cancel the fest, but might have more of an impact on bookings at this point in time. West Holts is my favourite stage and it tends to have a more international range of artists booked.

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s glorious ... certainly beats my view of Tesco express petrol station ... if I strain my eyes I can just about make out the quantock hills which are actually a fantastic sight 

Yes it’s beautiful and serene, unfortunately what you can’t see is the trident nuclear sub under the water heading for its base! 

Just now, Doug85 said:

It has certainly made people more paranoid and delusional, some bloke on Glasto Chat seems to think it has been weaponised by the Chinese government to stop the Hong Kong protests....

I think it's clear who is the weapon. 

Yup, there's a few of those 'articles' going around. If you ask them any questions they're your usual conspiracy theorists that just believe that the goverment are behind everything and everyone is in the know apart from sheeple. 

I hadn't taken this as serious as I should until recently.  I heard this morning that so many are researching for a vaccine but in all probability won't be ready for a long while yet .

I suppose we will have to see how this develops in the next few weeks and GF will be advised as to how to progress if things become too severe .

I wouldn't know what would happen if the worst was to happen, would tickets roll over to next year or what.?.. too horrid to contemplate especially as this is my last time going

Artists may take  a different view as well .. lets just hope for the best and this virus peaks soon, but my head tells me it aint over yet 

Despite China causing the virus with their awful treatment of wildlife, they have done a pretty good job in containing it. Only 10 new cases reported in China were outside the Hubei region and for the first time new cases reported outside China exceeded the number of new cases in China. If Italy manage to contain it and the other Euro countries mitigate to inevitable 'spill-over' from the Italy's cases I'm sure that by May/June we should be over the worst. This is all presuming Iran has no effect on British festivals/Mass events btw because I can see that situation getting real real bad. This is my last post on the matter cause it's taking up way too much of my time. See ya's at Glasto!!

Just now, CraigMichaelRoach said:

Despite China causing the virus with their awful treatment of wildlife, they have done a pretty good job in containing it. Only 10 new cases reported in China were outside the Hubei region and for the first time new cases reported outside China exceeded the number of new cases in China. If Italy manage to contain it and the other Euro countries mitigate to inevitable 'spill-over' from the Italy's cases I'm sure that by May/June we should be over the worst. This is all presuming Iran has no effect on British festivals/Mass events btw because I can see that situation getting real real bad. This is my last post on the matter cause it's taking up way too much of my time. See ya's at Glasto!!

5 posts ? ... theres the build up yet !! :) 

just seen this on bbc - hopefully they don't see this thread!

Iran arrests 24 for 'spreading rumours'

Iranian police have arrested 24 people accused of spreading rumours about the coronavirus online, AFP news agency reports.

A further 118 internet users were "talked to and let go" with warnings, the head of Iran's cyberpolice force Vahid Majid said.

A special unit has been created to combat "rumour-mongers" about the spread of coronavirus, Mr Majid said.

2 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

Or to translate "Hope so ... that sounds more like wishful thinking than an actual statement based on education or experience" 

I cant disagree ... It absolutely is wishful thinking that everyone with tickets will get to the farm ... Just like every other year I wish for exactly the same thing