Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

As much as I would love it to just be transferred to the next festival I reckon they would have to give everyone their money back and it would be another free for all on ticket day for the next festival.

I 100% think this would happen. Have you ever had tickets for an event a few months ahead that was cancelled rather than postponed? They give you a refund and then when the date is set you have to get tickets again. This happened to me with Bon Iver. But other gigs I've been to have been postponed and they give you the option to get a refund if you can't make it/no longer want to go. In the case of Glastonbury I definitely think it would be a cancellation and you'd all get a refund. And I'm not just saying this as one of the ticketless, I would be really surprised if they just expected everyone to roll over to next time.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I 100% think this would happen. Have you ever had tickets for an event a few months ahead that was cancelled rather than postponed? They give you a refund and then when the date is set you have to get tickets again. This happened to me with Bon Iver. But other gigs I've been to have been postponed and they give you the option to get a refund if you can't make it/no longer want to go. In the case of Glastonbury I definitely think it would be a cancellation and you'd all get a refund. And I'm not just saying this as one of the ticketless, I would be really surprised if they just expected everyone to roll over to next time.

I can see both sides of this argument. Those with tickets will certainly feel entitled to have first dibs on the following year given the festival was cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control... While those without are perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved at having to miss out for two years.

Hopefully it won’t come to it anyway.

32 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Any football game or gigs i have had tickets for that were cancelled I have been offered a full refund or a ticket for the rearranged game or gig, if , of course,it can be rearranged. I would imagine that Glastonbury would do the same. Offer a ticket for the next one and retain any monies paid  or a refund .  But let’s hope it doesn’t get that far. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

It’s not really like a rearranged gig though, it couldn’t be postponed to later in the year, and Glastonbury 2021 is essentially a separate event already planned, so in the unlikely event of 2020 being cancelled I’d expect it wouldn’t be a given for anything other than a refund.

Perhaps of greater importance is how it may endanger the future of the festival, would insurance cover all their costs incurred so far?

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s not really like a rearranged gig though, it couldn’t be postponed to later in the year, and Glastonbury 2021 is essentially a separate event already planned, so in the unlikely event of 2020 being cancelled I’d expect it wouldn’t be a given for anything other than a refund.

Perhaps of greater importance is how it may endanger the future of the festival, would insurance cover all their costs incurred so far?

This is why I think any decision will come before balance week.

11 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Just to add to the "thread of dread", seems like they have just cancelled this weekends Ireland/Italy six nations match.  I guess understandably as some travellers may be coming from the current coronavirus hotspot in northern Italy and they want to minimise the spread/risk

Jumping the gun a bit. Ireland/Italy is on 7 March. The situation is being monitored and no decision has yet been taken. Some internal rugby matches have been cancelled in Italy whilst 5 Siere A football matches will be played behind closed doors (ie no fans) this weekend.

31 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Jumping the gun a bit. Ireland/Italy is on 7 March. The situation is being monitored and no decision has yet been taken. Some internal rugby matches have been cancelled in Italy whilst 5 Siere A football matches will be played behind closed doors (ie no fans) this weekend.

"Ireland's minister for health said the Six Nations rugby match between Ireland and Italy in Dublin "should not go ahead" due to the coronavirus outbreak in northern Italy.

Simon Harris said it was the "very clear view" of the public health emergency team that the game on 7 March should be cancelled.

He told RTE news: "It would constitute a significant risk, because a very large number of people will be travelling from what is now an affected region.

"So my department will be contacting the IRFU (Irish Rugby Football Union) in relation to this.

"I know (it will) cause a great disappointment to many, but it is important to make decisions in relation to public health above and beyond all other considerations.""

14 minutes ago, Copperface said:

"Ireland's minister for health said the Six Nations rugby match between Ireland and Italy in Dublin "should not go ahead" due to the coronavirus outbreak in northern Italy.

Simon Harris said it was the "very clear view" of the public health emergency team that the game on 7 March should be cancelled.

He told RTE news: "It would constitute a significant risk, because a very large number of people will be travelling from what is now an affected region.

"So my department will be contacting the IRFU (Irish Rugby Football Union) in relation to this.

"I know (it will) cause a great disappointment to many, but it is important to make decisions in relation to public health above and beyond all other considerations.""

I agree the omens are not good but the game has still not been cancelled. I expect serious discussions will be had between governments and rugby boards as to the way forward. How the game is structured there is little latitude for games to be rearranged.

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

I agree the omens are not good but the game has still not been cancelled. I expect serious discussions will be had between governments and rugby boards as to the way forward. How the game is structured there is little latitude for games to be rearranged.

It will be cancelled or played with nobody allowed to travel.

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It will be cancelled or played with nobody allowed to travel.

The latter would be preferable....Now what if a similar thing happened for Glasto. Barring persons from outside the UK would give a significant boost to the number of tickets available in resales. 

A friend of my house mate has returned from skiing in Italy and has become very unwell. She’s under self isolation and has reported the authorities.

This outbreak in Italy is mad. I don’t know how it has spread so quickly. 

Dunno if you can even be a tinfoil anymore. China has clearly lied about how infectious and how fast this disease has spread.