Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

5 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Serious question - all these organisations including WHO are counting. At what point do they stop? 

As far as I know, if an area reaches over 100 cases the medical facility moves to phase 5 or 6 and becomes a pandemic centre, when it reaches over 100 it becomes pointless contact tracing a patient and they move to the next level to specially deal with the critically ill or those that may need an extra oxygen boost if their illness continues into the second and third week. 

Edited by pothead pixie

11 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

I am completely calm. It’ll be those with their heads in the sand that will panic when it happens. I’ll just sit at home and eat my 20kg of dry pasta.

That dry pasta is going to be hard to eat when then water system fails and the gas and electricity goes off...

🤣

13 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Thread title is coronavirus - should we be worried? 

You're right man. Let's all get shittily worried about it. That's obviously the most sensible thing to do. I write this wrapped up in cling film and wearing a modern gas mask. That last bit's nothing to do with the Coronavirus, it's just a Friday night thing. You know the way it is!?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You're right man. Let's all get shittily worried about it. That's obviously the most sensible thing to do. I write this wrapped up in cling film and wearing a modern gas mask. That last bit's nothing to do with the Coronavirus, it's just a Friday night thing. You know the way it is!?

http://www.thehumorsource.com/system/items/70160.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

http://www.thehumorsource.com/system/items/70160.jpg

Somebody has a good memory. That's not actually me, and nor will it ever be, as I'm really not in to any of that stuff at all. I do own a brand new gas mask though. However, I bought it purely for an art piece that I was doing, but never completed. The gas mask is in the garage now in a plastic bag. Every now and again when I'm in the garage I open the plastic bag to see what's in there. Everytime, unsurprisingly, I say to myself 'Oh, it's that gas mask I bought', and put it back where it was again. Not such a wasted purchase now with this Coronavirus around, eh?

7 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Is coronavirus waterproof? Cos I think I'm going to be underwater before it reaches me. Can't remember the time before the rains anymore. Contagion or Waterworld seem to be my two choices now

Can you swim? If not, you only have one choice really.

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

The only think this “news” organisation tweets about is this virus. 

I think you need to calm down. 

To be fair this is headline news elsewhere. Whether or not the risk profile justifies the Italians approach is another debate but a major European country taking these measures is news worthy. 

Doesn't worry me though.