Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

13 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

This is their decision and not the governments. Garden Beats is still going ahead on the 29th after meetings with local authorities. The stormzy shows were only added on to the tour a few weeks ago, and all sold out quickly as they were all small venues. I'd not be surprised if the postponement is being used to find bigger venues.

16 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

urgh... Foals at that as well. Maybe I've gone off too early.

I am just reading, Garden Beats still not cancelled, but looks like Singapore is cancelling everything: 

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/coronavirus-music-festival-stereofest-in-sentosa-postponed

But what is interesting about garden beats is that is settling an example:

"Each Garden Beats festival-goer will also have their temperature taken before entry. There will also be hygiene stations, with anti-bacterial wipes, anti-bacterial foam and waste disposal cans, across the festival grounds."

If it can take place in Singapore, with a lot of cases (even local outbreak) , much more close to CN than us and with the virus still in the early unknown stages I would be very very impressed.

Edited by AlexOvd

It will all be done and dusted by June. And besides there’s only 9 or so cases in the UK. Everyone who needs to come home from an infected  is home, so can’t see many more cases happening.

seems to a slightly hysterical panic at the moment, 6000 people die every year in the uk from flu, nobody bats an eyelid.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

If it can take place in Singapore, with a lot of cases (even local outbreak) , much more close to CN than us and with the virus still in the early unknown stages I would be very very impressed.

Singapore has been proactive in "self-Isolating" anyone who has been in contact with a known carrier so there is some confidence that there aren't lots of people in the general population wandering about with it. I get the sense that if it gets cancelled, it will be more because Foals drop out, and it not being authority led. 

30 minutes ago, Smeble said:

It will all be done and dusted by June. And besides there’s only 9 or so cases in the UK. Everyone who needs to come home from an infected  is home, so can’t see many more cases happening.

seems to a slightly hysterical panic at the moment, 6000 people die every year in the uk from flu, nobody bats an eyelid.

I can't agree with this I can't see more cases happening honestly. I have been in two EU airports today and 0 controls of any kind. 

11 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Singapore has been proactive in "self-Isolating" anyone who has been in contact with a known carrier so there is some confidence that there aren't lots of people in the general population wandering about with it. I get the sense that if it gets cancelled, it will be more because Foals drop out, and it not being authority led. 

Looks like they are going 😂

Screenshot_2020-02-15-05-18-35-580_com.twitter.android.jpg

23 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Considering the exorbitant amounts of anti bacterial hand gel that get splashed around at Glastonbury I’d be surprised if anything short of anthrax could survive...

The dispensers definitely dispense a big enough... er... load.

If only everyone used them.

7 hours ago, Smeble said:

Whilst we all hope this outbreak is contained and eradicated soon, it is its potential to cause widespread illness and social & economic disruption that concerns most. We are already witnessing it's effects in industry with disruption to supply chains. Young Lycra, who works for a major UK manufacturing company, has this week been placed on short time due to the unavailability  parts from China.

Trying to keep the genie in the bottle is what all countries are trying to do. Let's hope they're successful.

39 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Considering the exorbitant amounts of anti bacterial hand gel that get splashed around at Glastonbury I’d be surprised if anything short of anthrax could survive...

Love it, big thanks to the wateraid folk who keep them topped up. Always use it before eating, not just after using the drops. Also carry our own supply of gel.  The only thing I look forward to leaving the site is stopping at a service station and actually using running hot water! 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Love it, big thanks to the wateraid folk who keep them topped up. Always use it before eating, not just after using the drops. Also carry our own supply of gel.  The only thing I look forward to leaving the site is stopping at a service station and actually using running hot water! 

We take paper soap to wash our hands with only needs a little water.

21 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

We take paper soap to wash our hands with only needs a little water.

This stuff is great. Took some last year. Handed out sheets to people around me as I was washing my own hands. Simple act of washing your hands with soap was a real joy! 

Should be OK but depends on how long this thing keeps going.. They... China.... Keep saying its reached its peak but........... 

I think over here people are more worried about the flooding tbh.. Its crazy.. 

I noticed today that the following countries no longer have known cases:

Belgium
Finland
Spain
Russia
Nepal
Cambodia
India

The UK only have 1 case now (down from 9) and Australia seems to be doing pretty well too (5 cases left from 15).

All of the above have 'recovered', ie had no deaths yet thankfully.

The only 'new' country I have noticed is Egypt, with one case.

As awful as the situation seems to be in China, the measures being taken to reduce the spread globally seem to be working to an extent. 

Edited by northernringo

Just booked tickets to a festival through Ticket Sellers, on reading the T and C's for refund I noticed that they had a NO refund policy for..

-YOU are prevented from travelling to a BOOKED EVENT due to an outbreak of a contagious disease and the Government or any agency acting on the behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travelling to EVENT.-

Never noticed this before when taking out insurance on ticket refunds, or maybe I have and not been as aware as I am at the moment. 🤔

On the plus side I get a full refund if I die.🤣😂💀

Edited by mashedonmud

11 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Just booked tickets to a festival through Ticket Sellers, on reading the T and C's for refund I noticed that they had a NO refund policy for..

-YOU are prevented from travelling to a BOOKED EVENT due to an outbreak of a contagious disease and the Government or any agency acting on the behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travelling to EVENT.-

Never noticed this before when taking out insurance on ticket refunds, or maybe I have and not been as aware as I am at the moment. 🤔

If it came to it, I imagine it would be Glastonbury that refunds you. The festival will have their own insurance against things like this.

I'm only guessing though.

19 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

If the event is cancelled then you'll get a refund.   If you're from China, for example, and there is a travel ban put in place but the event still goes ahead you won't get a refund.

Unless you die FFS :-)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, stuie said:

If the event is cancelled then you'll get a refund.   If you're from China, for example, and there is a travel ban put in place but the event still goes ahead you won't get a refund.

Unless you die FFS 🙂

Correctamundo.  Glastonbury's Ticket Terms and Conditions of Entry:

After 23:59 7th May 2020, no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Festival. Booking fees and postage and packing charges are non-refundable.

Interestingly, and completely the opposite to what I thought, there's nothing in there to give the festival any kind of get out for cancellation due to something like this.  I really assumed there would something in there to allow them some protection for something "act of God" ish, but now I think about it it's more of a question for what insurances the festival holds for itself rather than passing it on to the customers.

EDIT: what I did miss in there is some wriggle room in the wording.  Doesn't mention what WILL be refunded in the event of cancellation, so potentially not a full refund,

Edited by Quark