Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Just now, DareToDibble said:

I’ve just went it to my group. Will look like a right dick if it actually happens though.

I told mine it was a windup within a few mins ... couldn’t do that to them .... and then I followed it up with the Taunton medical centre news... I’m not sure they are gonna believe me :) 

Just now, 5co77ie said:

Now if I send that to my friends they will never take me seriously again ... not that they do already 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve got a full protection suit somewhere in my fancy dress wardrobe 

Hello crazyfool1,

I've just had a look at full Hazmat suits on line. as in here;

https://www.google.com/search?q=hazmat+suit&sxsrf=ACYBGNRbppQ39wIkVySfikopTeU63mRVYQ:1581594353433

I so want this one;

Image result for hazmat suit

but then again the kinkiness of this one can't be ignored;

Just look at this one (see below) - oh stop me now! These products are simply delicious!

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazyfool1,

I've just had a look at full Hazmat suits on line. as in here;

https://www.google.com/search?q=hazmat+suit&sxsrf=ACYBGNRbppQ39wIkVySfikopTeU63mRVYQ:1581594353433

I so want this one;

but then again the kinkiness of this one can't be ignored;

Just look at this one (see below) - oh stop me now! These products are simply delicious!

I just need the 1 to complete the lineup :) 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I told mine it was a windup within a few mins ... couldn’t do that to them .... and then I followed it up with the Taunton medical centre news... I’m not sure they are gonna believe me :) 

One of my group is a lurker of these forums and must have seen this thread as she immediately replied “The Nal?” :lol: 

coming to a town near you soon - ‘scaremongering’ aside, does anyone genuinely believe this is even feasible in the western world? In a communist country maybe, but I imagine most Brits would stick two fingers up at this and go out anyway. This does feel increasingly like end of days shit. 

13 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

And I was accused of scaremongering - these guys quoted are the professionals!

my favourite quote is China hasn't been lying just “reality is taking a long time to catch up with the facts”. 😆

Edited by 5co77ie

12 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

And I was accused of scaremongering - these guys quoted are the professionals!

Are you actually reading the articles?

But Whitty said it was unhelpful to speculate on numbers without strong evidence. He said the fourth strand of the UK coronavirus plan was mitigation, and ensuring the NHS was able to cope.

“The best estimate for the number of people dying at the top end of the range is about 2%; in my view it could be considerably less than that, but we have to prepare for the worst,” he said. It was wrong to speculate on any potential death toll figures, he said. “It is a mistake to use numbers which are entirely speculative … At the moment the numbers we are seeing out of China are so variable that it is really difficult to put a fixed figure.”

Bit different from your 19% everyone's going to die position.