Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

53 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Another Melbourne resident with a Cathay flight booked for June, here.

I booked through a third party, whose terms say that if the airline cancel the flight they'll provide an alternative, or the agent might be able to secure a refund. The issue is, that can take weeks and if the airline goes under, I'm not sure they'll be refunding anything. 

If I'm looking at having to shell out for another flight, I'm potentially looking at no Glastonbury as it would be phenomenally expensive.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Really hope everything works out Ok for you. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

If I'm looking at having to shell out for another flight, I'm potentially looking at no Glastonbury as it would be phenomenally expensive.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Exact same for me, you've articulated it a lot better than I did! I booked direct with Cathay because it seemed more secure than a third party at the time... 

Who knew Cathay had such a huge market to exploit - they should get some Melbourne to Bristol flights going. 

3 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Exact same for me, you've articulated it a lot better than I did! I booked direct with Cathay because it seemed more secure than a third party at the time... 

Who knew Cathay had such a huge market to exploit - they should get some Melbourne to Bristol flights going. 

Why not a glastonbury charter for all travelling from Australasia😁

9 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Completely uncontrollable at this point.

And we wonder why people panic...

EDIT - I have a horrible feeling I just completely missed your point there. Oops.

Edited by Quark

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

And we wonder why people panic...

Saying that is out of control in Europe/UK is a bit too much. How many people have been diagnosed today with different virus in the UK, how many people have died of of China for Coronavirus? How many people died this year in UK for flu? 

Edited by AlexOvd

35 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Saying that is out of control in Europe/UK is a bit too much. How many people have been diagnosed today with different virus in the UK, how many people have died of of China for Coronavirus? How many people died this year in UK for flu? 

How many have died of natural causes today alone ? 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How many have died of natural causes today alone ? 

People die of natural causes every day, and the systems can cope with that.

When China is needing to build massive hospitals in a week and it's still not enough so they're now requisitioning hotels, etc, that's chaos the existing systems can't cope with.

It'd be worse here. We have waaaaaay greater expectations of being able to access healthcare. ;) 

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

When China is needing to build massive hospitals in a week and it's still not enough so they're now requisitioning hotels, etc, that's chaos the existing systems can't cope with.

It'd be worse here. We have waaaaaay greater expectations of being able to access healthcare. ;) 

of course it might be ... even will be ... but I was trying (maybe failing badly ) to say that we haven't got to any levels that equate to the levels of china yet ... at the moment it seems like individual cases which hopefully can be dealt with even by our health service at the moment 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the time lapse video of them building one of the new hospitals is mad even just from an engineering standpoint, look at those cranes go!

7 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

At this point I don't know if this is a joke or not 😂

Ah, you've not been around long enough. Nal, god bless his miserable little socks, is well known around these parts for being an absolute prophet of doom and misery on the annual weather thread.  This is a natural extension of his cheery demeanour.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1