Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Should we be worried about the Corona Virus and Glastonbury? I know it is still early doors yet, but what happens if more people get infected over the coming months in the UK, will they really let Glasto happen? all the people in close contact with each other will not be good if the virus is spreading, surely the Authorities will stop it. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbojam said:

Should we be worried about the Corona Virus and Glastonbury? I know it is still early doors yet, but what happens if more people get infected over the coming months in the UK, will they really let Glasto happen? all the people in close contact with each other will not be good if the virus is spreading, surely the Authorities will stop it. 

in fairness op I did think about it at one stage ... but then dismissed it :) 

I have to take it seriously as I am an at risk group.

The problem with this virus is that it has a 2 week incubation period before any symptoms are seen. Added to the fact it can be spread without seeing any symptoms, it could get very worrying, very quickly.

If you are fit and healthy it is probably not something to be overly worried about. Unfortunately for the likes of myself, I have to be wary of it.

Edited by eastynh

12 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

We get one of these threads every year. I think the threat of terrorism was the last one, then Foot and Mouth before that.

There's no chance the festival will get cancelled due to Corona Virus.

Don’t forget the annual ‘will the muddy ground mean cancellation ‘! Comments 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The way I view it is that things would have to get seriously fucking bad for them to cancel Glastonbury. And if they do get that bad then going to Glastonbury would be pretty far down the priority list anyway.

The worst will be over by June and they will be well on the way to a vacine. It is the next few weeks that could be ropey.

If you are one of the normal at risk groups then yes treat Corona virus like any other flu strain. Get your jab, keep healthy but you’re still far more likely to be at risk from plain old English flu than kung flu. 

Yes its the new big media story but don’t worry yourself about it. 

When you need to put down zombies with your old vinyl collection then it’s the time to get worried.