Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

On 9/13/2020 at 11:11 PM, thewayiam said:

Maybe they are getting in before Reading take her exclusively in 2022 as they've got to be looking at that after her crowd last time.

Wouldn't br surprised if the same happens with Billie Eilish after 

Christ mate, how the fuck did you get to -2,076  ?

*what did you say?*

Dua Lipa is AWSOME!!!!!

First time I ever saw her (by accident of fate) .....

Whole thing...

Edited by bamber

• 5 months later...

Dua headlining the OS next year would look a bit bizarre after the 2020 she's had. 

Gals a bonafide megastar. 

Although saying that, there's going to be so many acts in the mix that maybe it'll just be a free for all. 

Edited by Zacko

38 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Dua headlining the OS next year would look a bit bizarre after the 2020 she's had. 

Although saying that, there's going to be so many acts in the mix that maybe it'll just be a free for all. 

Depends how many of the big three they get back for next year. If Taylor doesn’t rebook then she’s the obvious replacement.

11 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

As much as I hold Dua Lipa in high regard as an artist, I may have to stop following her social media. It’s just an endlessly tedious fashion shoot.

When she has new material I’m sure I’ll find out here.

What do you want out of your pop star if not the clothes. And she said in a new interview that no new music isnt coming anytime soon. Easily going to focus on her arena tour she has later in the year. 

7 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

As much as I hold Dua Lipa in high regard as an artist, I may have to stop following her social media. It’s just an endlessly tedious fashion shoot.

New age pop star init. I can imagine its a lot harder to do what she does now than 15/20 years ago. It should be about the music but unfortunately the whole 'social media' schtick is part and parcel of being popular at the moment

4 minutes ago, OG said:

New age pop star init. I can imagine its a lot harder to do what she does now than 15/20 years ago. It should be about the music but unfortunately the whole 'social media' schtick is part and parcel of being popular at the moment

Agree in general terms, the relentlessness of it though...

For context, I have absolute respect for all hard working artists in any media. Mrs Moth, being a performer herself, is always having to keep on top of the socials. I understand the need for it, but I also recognise I’m not in the target audience for many 😉

6 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I have no issue with the fashion shoots but the constant travelling during the pandemic was hard to fathom.

8 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Yea maybe I should have been more clear when I said let her headline , she is pyramid headliner now and be weird her on the other stage 

As Hugh said, unless Taylor drops out I'd imagine she'll keep her spot on the Other. It doesn't get any weirder that two cancelled festivals and a potential three year roll over of the line-up. Circumstances are what they are. Headlining the Other in 2022 shouldn't be seen as a slight of her ability.

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Likewise, loved the album but she has started to grate on me recently. Probably partly to do with her constant lockdown breaking and anti-vaxer boyfriend

16 hours ago, Zacko said:

I think she could easily be changed to a sub position on the Pyramid purely due the crowd of size. I mean it's crazy think of someone her size being an Other sub, it would be by far the  highest surely they'll had.

30 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is Dua Lipa actually any good as a live performer? I adored Future Nostalgia, but can't find any example of a live performance that doesn't involve not wearing much and bad dance moves. I'm happy to be corrected.

Saw her in 2017 and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  Got tix for when her O2 show finally happens, so can provide an updated view then!

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw her in 2017 and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  Got tix for when her O2 show finally happens, so can provide an updated view then!

We were waiting to see Alessia Cara in 2016, and Dua was on just before her (think it was that way round).  We were also very surprised about how good she was.

48 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fair enough. As harsh as it sounds, I just wouldn't want to waste my time watching a mediocre performance of a great album (aka 'doing a Lana Del Rey')