God Luck to all potential Oxfam Volunteers

marathonsteve

Just now, TootingPoplularFront said:

What was that? 30 seconds. I guess they had 5 spare after Priority. I was successful for NASS and Shambala, which will be great on their own, and more chance for Glasto next year.

They've actually said that only about half of the (2,400) places went in priority, so must have been a lot of people going all out this morning.

11 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Last year - website kept falling over, took 40 minutes to sell out, everyone complains that the system is shit.

This year - website is hardcore AF, took 40 seconds to sell out, everyone complains that the system is shit.

This is what i see happening if the sale for Glastonbury went quick. 

I was one of the lucky few who managed to reserve a place. I refreshed the page a couple of seconds after 11:30, completed my form and entered card details within about 20s, then went straight to another browser window to do the same for my GF (already logged in and ready) but they had sold out! You basically had to click immediately after 11:30 to get in.

Hopefully we should be able to get my GF a place at some point over the next few months.

It'll be my first time as a volunteer, and I'm very much looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Cheesey said:

I was one of the lucky few who managed to reserve a place. I refreshed the page a couple of seconds after 11:30, completed my form and entered card details within about 20s, then went straight to another browser window to do the same for my GF (already logged in and ready) but they had sold out! You basically had to click immediately after 11:30 to get in.

Hopefully we should be able to get my GF a place at some point over the next few months.

It'll be my first time as a volunteer, and I'm very much looking forward to it!

Well done and good luck for your GF, me and my daughter got nowhere. You'll enjoy the first experience of volunteering!