Nostalgia acts for the 50th?

Ayrshire Chris

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Levs nostalgia? Still current and producing new albums and touring regularly.

We get used to it mate, most people think they stopped doing anything after Beautiful Day :lol:

See also: James

I do get it from a Glastonbury perspective though, peak early/mid 90s traveller festival scene, and they don't pop up at Glastonbury that often.

Edited by Quark

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Levs nostalgia? Still current and producing new albums and touring regularly.

I mean. I’d say 90s acts are very much nostalgia acts nowadays. 20 year olds attending the festival this year would have missed the 90s completely! 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean. I’d say 90s acts are very much nostalgia acts nowadays. 20 year olds attending the festival this year would have missed the 90s completely! 

It's a weird one in a way. As a fan I do kind of resent them getting lumped in as a nostalgia act because like @Pinhead I know they've been pretty consistent with touring and releasing all the way through, but then I do have to accept that their mainstream popularity was limited to the 90s. If you didn't know them then, chances are you won't be following them now.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Staberinde said:

For a bit of nostalgia plus a helping of cheese, how about The Wurzels?

If I remember right didn't they cancel late one year because they thought The Bandstand venue was beneath them (just gossip?)

Then I think they may have played since but I definitely missed them.

Bloody Hell, imagine them playing on a makeshift stage out of a tractor trailer at the Cider Bus!

"I am a ciderr drinkerr, I drink it for most of the day - ohh R ooh R aye!

No? maybe not then ;)

Wurzles closed the Avalon Field with a packed out, sweatbox of a tent in 2010.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

That would be really cool. They could even get some former headliners that now aren't so big. The Psychedelic Furs have got a show in May, so they could potentially show up I think

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott from former headliners The Beautiful South too. Played early Other last time, they deserve a return to the Pyramid this year.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott from former headliners The Beautiful South too. Played early Other last time, they deserve a return to the Pyramid this year.

The Beautiful South have headlined Glasto?

By the way, has anyone got a good playlist for Heaton & Abbot? They seem to be quite active this year so maybe I should start listening....

10 hours ago, Quark said:

It's a weird one in a way. As a fan I do kind of resent them getting lumped in as a nostalgia act because like @Pinhead I know they've been pretty consistent with touring and releasing all the way through, but then I do have to accept that their mainstream popularity was limited to the 90s. If you didn't know them then, chances are you won't be following them now.

Levs seem to have picked up a lot of younger fans these days though if the gigs i've been to recently is anything representative.

Jusr pre-ordered new album today as well.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:49 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Al Stewart, for very good reasons: firstly he performed at the first one in 1970, and he's still active and touring (In the USA up until late May), I can't see how they would omit him!

That would make my Glastonbury, Al with a full band and the great soaring saxophone and guitar arrangements in Year of the Cat.

• Upvote 1