Tyler the Creator for Glasto?

GrooveCity

Man, his Grammy performance was something wasn't it!

He also just got announced for Parklife in June, is doing Lovebox in June, will be in Roskilde in July!

What are the chances he's going to be at glasto? West holts headliner maybe (I'd argue he's an Other Headliner size, but apparently it's all been worked out so far?)?

Edited by GrooveCity
  • Upvote 1

Would be a great addition, but got a feeling Parklie and Lovebox will have a deal for him to just play those two.

If he were to play I’d say he’d be more likely to take a midday Pyramid slot than headline WH. Other headliner would also be good but yeah, doesn’t look like there’s room for him there.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

He can fit on there. And if you think he is about the money, he isn’t. 

I'd be surprised if he took anything other than headlining a stage, seeing as he's headlining all other festivals he's at. He's too big for JP and the Park and most likely too big for WH too. I also don't see him headlining Other or the Pyramid. 

He may not be "about the money" but I am certain he'd accept an exclusive deal with Lovebox/Parklife for a big pay cheque. He's headlining festivals like Primavera Sound, he ain't gonna be cheap. 

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'd be surprised if he took anything other than headlining a stage, seeing as he's headlining all other festivals he's at. He's too big for JP and the Park and most likely too big for WH too. I also don't see him headlining Other or the Pyramid. 

He may not be "about the money" but I am certain he'd accept an exclusive deal with Lovebox/Parklife for a big pay cheque. He's headlining festivals like Primavera Sound, he ain't gonna be cheap. 

I think he's in theory too big for West Holts, but I think he'd do it anyway.

7 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Think both WH headliner (too big a force) and Pyramid sub (way too alienating and un-commercial) are off the mark for different reasons.

Other sub makes more sense, headline perhaps but doubt it due to risk factor. He's about the size that Dave and Stormzy were in their respective sub years. Huge hype, huge crowd guaranteed if he plays.

Tyler's Last two albums were his most commercial yet, and I'm pretty sure IGOR debuted at number 1. He's blown up massively, he's respectfully bigger than Dave and Stormzy in their sub years as he's literally headlining festivals at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

In the States, sure. IGOR was top 5 UK. Dave and Stormzy were having armful of top 10 singles and a #1 debut album each.

This isn't to discount the buzz around Tyler and how massive a moment it would be if he turned up. But he's an underground American rapper who's been known as much for celebrity and antics as he has for pushing music out there (let's not forget that between Yonkers and Flower Boy, it was assumed his creative streak was flaming out)

But you can't really step to Dave being on Top Boy, Stormzy cussing out Theresa May at the Brits and being on the back of buses, the non-stop radio dominance, etc etc. Tyler's a huge presence. But Stormzy and Dave are homegrown superstars and omnipresent. Dave could sub Pyramid right now and I don't think you can say the same for Tyler, amazing as he is.

Is this common opinion? I know Cherry Bomb has its detractors but both that and Wolf are miles better than anything on Goblin.

5 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I could see Tyler on West Holts up against Macca

I think anyone he was against this year would be a sad troubling decision for me. I cant see myself missing macca, only chance ill get to see a beatle.

I love tswiz, but tyler might take it.

9 hours ago, GrooveCity said:

I think anyone he was against this year would be a sad troubling decision for me. I cant see myself missing macca, only chance ill get to see a beatle.

I love tswiz, but tyler might take it.

I’d see Tyler over Taylor too, but apart from that, Kendrick & Macca (although I highly doubt he’d be clashing with Kendrick) beat him to it. I reckon they need 2 big guns on Other & West Holts against Macca and I reckon he fits the bill. 

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People keep talking about needing big guns / big draws vs. what's on the Pyramid, but they've never really needed to do that before. Look at what was scheduled vs. the Stones, Adele, U2, etc.

True but isn’t there an extra so many thousand punters there this year?