Has anyone got some 'personal' photos of Worthy View?

Staberinde

22 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’ve got Worthy View this year. I’ll be arriving by coach. What is the craic with that? What do people recommend? What is the situation with showers and do you get searched coming in/out of the campsite each time?

I’ve stayed at WV before and would recommend it. Not sure about coach details but from memory they only check your wristbands at the entrance/exit and I think some people got searched but it wasn’t many (I could be wrong as the memory is fading). I didn’t use the showers but some of the people I was with did and didn’t have any complaints. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve stayed at WV before and would recommend it. Not sure about coach details but from memory they only check your wristbands at the entrance/exit and I think some people got searched but it wasn’t many (I could be wrong as the memory is fading). I didn’t use the showers but some of the people I was with did and didn’t have any complaints. 

I’d echo everything that’s already been said. The showers did get shit once or twice in 2017 because of water supply issues, and the queues got quite long before reopened. This was around 11am. They were shut in 2019 at various points too but that was a site wide issue. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:35 AM, Cooter said:

Blimey...I appreciate what the festival is trying to do but that area looks completely soulless.

It is different, and if you're with a big group of people you're better off carving your own chunk of the main site.  

But it is nice getting some sleep, not having to worry about being kicked in the head by drunk passer-bys, and you typically have the campfire in the area with the bar.

So not soulless, I'd say more "Chill".

On 1/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, Hugh Jass said:

What do you mean “personal”? I’m not sure Mrs Jass will appreciate me sharing those on here...

On 1/29/2020 at 1:39 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

@Quark

On 1/29/2020 at 1:51 PM, Hugh Jass said:

You leave my wife out of this!

On 1/29/2020 at 4:04 PM, Quark said:

Hang on that's not my sleeping bag! You hussy!!!

Went back to the start of this thread to remind myself of the OP. Does anyone else have a fucking clue what we were wittering on about?! @Hugh Jass II @SwedgeAntilles😂

On 3/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, siblin said:

It is different, and if you're with a big group of people you're better off carving your own chunk of the main site.  

But it is nice getting some sleep, not having to worry about being kicked in the head by drunk passer-bys, and you typically have the campfire in the area with the bar.

Fair enough, yea know what you mean re the chill and sleep.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, siblin said:

That seems to me - someone who has never stayed there - a really honest and informed opinion 👍

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you have to enter through a special gate the first time you arrive at Worthy View?

I plan on catching the coach, picking up my ticket at PGA and then slowly making my way to worthy view by bar crawling across the site with a big smile on my face.

But.. my plan may be thwarted if I’m required to grab my ticket at PGA and then find a way to Worthy View before I enter the festival..

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you have to enter through a special gate the first time you arrive at Worthy View?

I plan on catching the coach, picking up my ticket at PGA and then slowly making my way to worthy view by bar crawling across the site with a big smile on my face.

But.. my plan may be thwarted if I’m required to grab my ticket at PGA and then find a way to Worthy View before I enter the festival..

I saw this on the Worthy View Glastonbury chat face book page.  Sounds like you're given a festival wristband on entry at Gate A and you make your way up to WV where they'll swap it for a WV wristband.

274394630_10160229707093866_5389851342007421501_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So its not 2 wristbands? Like the regular ga one plus a wv? Guess ill have the regular wristband on for a couple hours and lose out on the souvenir. Unless they cut it off.

Stayed at WV twice, parked in their car park, and it’s one wristband that’s checked everytime you leave and enter through the Pennard Hill gate. If I recollect the first time we went they exchanged out tickets for the wristbands but the second time we retained  the tickets and had to show them whenever we went to the WV car park to replenish supplies. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can anyone give a personal account of getting the coach and then being transferred via bus to Worthy View? Have I made this up or is it possible?

There is a bus that runs regularly through the day. We arrived on an official coach to gate A on Wednesday afternoon in 2017 and got the shuttle bus around to Worthy View. It might be different at different times of day but I remember it being very straightforward - we didn't have to wait long and it took probably about twenty minutes to transfer around. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ingobernable said:

There is a bus that runs regularly through the day. We arrived on an official coach to gate A on Wednesday afternoon in 2017 and got the shuttle bus around to Worthy View. It might be different at different times of day but I remember it being very straightforward - we didn't have to wait long and it took probably about twenty minutes to transfer around. 

Right that’ll do for me then. Trying to make it as faff free as I can. Thinking train from Warrington-Bristol. Jump on a coach/bus from there to gate A and then jump on bus up to Worthy View. Not in any major rush on the Wednesday truth be told. 

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The WV bus stops right at the check in gate, so no distance to drag your gear. 

Nice one. Be travelling light.  

Can you get air beds/sleeping bags at WV or would people recommend I bring me own?

8 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Right that’ll do for me then. Trying to make it as faff free as I can. Thinking train from Warrington-Bristol. Jump on a coach/bus from there to gate A and then jump on bus up to Worthy View. Not in any major rush on the Wednesday truth be told. 

Can you get air beds/sleeping bags at WV or would people recommend I bring me own?

If you're getting the train you could go to Castle Cary and get the shuttle bus from there to worthy view.

We did this in 2019. Took us ages to get out of the station, but once we were in the car park we found a steward to direct us past the gate A bus queue to the worthy view bus.

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

If you're getting the train you could go to Castle Cary and get the shuttle bus from there to worthy view.

We did this in 2019. Took us ages to get out of the station, but once we were in the car park we found a steward to direct us past the gate A bus queue to the worthy view bus.

Getting to Castle Cray is w*nk though innit. Got the train out of there before. Bristol is on the West Coast main line so decent service. Castle Cray can’t handle the amount of bodies Glastonbury brings through in my experience.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Getting to Castle Cray is w*nk though innit. Got the train out of there before. Bristol is on the West Coast main line so decent service. Castle Cray can’t handle the amount of bodies Glastonbury brings through in my experience.

Mate of mine spent 3 1/2 hrs there in 2019 trying to get onto a train.

Grim.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mark H said:

Hi all,

Hey lovely, sounds like a great plan but that’s a really long way to carry your gear hope you are travelling light.  I heard there are minibuses that take us to WV.
Charm x

Edited by Charm
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Bring your own.