Has anyone got some 'personal' photos of Worthy View?

Staberinde

23 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A982F556-3FA2-4425-BA59-6D71941549DD.thumb.jpeg.5700b57b36ef19a25cb6fca75a9957ef.jpeg

anyone still got last years car pass sticker on their car?  I just can’t bear to remove it until I get this years!

Yes still got ours on ....but sadly not going this year so will have to come off soon .

Go on kitchen board with the other old ones 

• Like 1

Thats the first time I'd seen anything other than aerial shots of WV, I'm quite impressed, it definitely doesn't look soulless.  I was on the WV gate for oxfam last year on the night shift and I was amazed at how busy it was, it was a constant stream of people from 10-4am... there is a heck of a lot of tents!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just revisiting this - this will be my 6th Glasto but never stayed at WV (or even have a concept of where it is). 

im sure I read somewhere that it has its own gate? Does this mean you can basically rock up whenever and get in with much queuing or am I being delusional?

and how long are we talking to the main stages walk wise?!

11 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Just revisiting this - this will be my 6th Glasto but never stayed at WV (or even have a concept of where it is). 

im sure I read somewhere that it has its own gate? Does this mean you can basically rock up whenever and get in with much queuing or am I being delusional?

You are directed off the main road well before the festival site and drive down what seemed like miles of country lanes following signs into the WV car park. The car park is open from 9pm on Tuesday night.  Queues for wristbands never seemed very big as folk arrived at different times of the day and night.  We got in around 2am and had a kip in the car. Straight in to at 8 , got wristbands. Bacon rolls in the tent by half past! To get into main site it’s down the steps and through the Pennard hill gate just next to Strummerville and Tipi field.   So judge the walks to stages from that point. 

AF2E3B3D-2867-4748-AA63-015A573E09AF.thumb.jpeg.7ed03a61de7d69b21724489e810b55fe.jpeg

two man tent 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

😁. It’s actually not too bad, half of it has steps and heading back up  in the early hours there’s a bar at the top! A burger and a few pints make the perfect night cap. 

Of course coming from up here in the wilds of Scotland our idea of what is a steep hill is different that maybe folk from rural Somerset!😉

In 2017 there was a cheese toastie van that did Mac and cheese toasties in thick slices of sourdough at the top of the hill. Had one every night, and one night I had two. It was open every time we got back, although I think at 7.30 on Sunday morning they’d just re-opened 😂 

On 1/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, Staberinde said:

I completely agree with what you say Chris, thanks for your insight.

I have an 'unhealthy' fascination with maps and aerial shots of the festival I love to study them in the lead up to the weekend. Whenever I've seen the brightly coloured grid of tents I have always wondered what it's like at ground level. 

Being a WV resident do you often pop into Strummerville on the way back at night? You should do.

Anyways here's some more pics I found that give more detail than your usual aerial shot
SWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_28.thumb.jpg.3dec4d9933932938575840a1bc23b4ea.jpgSWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_32.thumb.jpg.19ae338d75119f8b8d38be440509f4f3.jpgSWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_29.thumb.jpg.2f4c2b9b9f51fef7602c163cb0a9b547.jpg

We were heading back too late for Strummerville when we stayed at WV

54 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Straight in, no fuss. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

If you look at google maps satellite view you can actually see the footprint of the WV tents, car park location and it also gives a good idea of the location and distances to the different areas which are annotated on the site image. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 2:20 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

6F8A9BEF-5AE3-474F-9B5A-637DA0FDC78B.thumb.jpeg.81197e3bcdc8ca1b40c11d8573c1b950.jpeg

lovely weather last year! The two man scout tent area disappearing into the distance! Anyone else save the tent number info with name etc as a souvenir? 

Couldn't do that.. Soz.. 

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

What time was that?

Around 11am Wednesday. We live 2 hours drive South West so didn’t see the point getting stuck in the traffic and queues early on, when we’d already be approaching from the right direction, wouldn’t have to race to a spot or set up a tent, and could enjoy a good night’s sleep before starting a 5 day bender. We left home at 9am. 

We walked straight through wristbanding, dropped our stuff into the tent, spent 5 minutes making up our beds for later then were down at the Glade bar getting our first drink by midday. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Around 11am Wednesday. We live 2 hours drive South West so didn’t see the point getting stuck in the traffic and queues early on, when we’d already be approaching from the right direction, wouldn’t have to race to a spot or set up a tent, and could enjoy a good night’s sleep before starting a 5 day bender. We left home at 9am. 

We walked straight through wristbanding, dropped our stuff into the tent, spent 5 minutes making up our beds for later then were down at the Glade bar getting our first drink by midday. 

Must admit we did miss camping on site but that was mitigated by having easy access to the car throughout the festival,  no traffic queues and a  short walk with our stuff to the tent. Especially with our advancing years!  Not being too tall we can stand up in the two man tent though it’s worth bringing another piece of groundsheet for the entrance to the tent to keep wellies, chairs, cookers  etc off the grass. No long queues for food either. The steps aren’t too bad and you’re only really doing one down and one up per day anyway. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

All sounds great…but you do have to pay a lot for the convenience! (One of my friends does WV each year)

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Probably in the small percentage that will be taking in a coach and then having to get to WV after arrival. From what Ive read after regular wristband collection at the main gate there is a shuttle that can take you up there and not have to walk the entirety of the grounds, correct? 

Kind of.

There's a direct bus there from Castle Carey.

If you’re at PGA then there's a shuttle that ostensibly runs twice an hour, but in reality can take up to 90 minutes to get up there.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kind of.

There's a direct bus there from Castle Carey.

If you’re at PGA then there's a shuttle that ostensibly runs twice an hour, but in reality can take up to 90 minutes to get up there.

Hmmm guess Im dealing with the 90 minutes one way or another. Im staying in Bath a couple days leading up to the fest to save some hassle on weds and booked a coach from there. Thanks.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Hmmm guess Im dealing with the 90 minutes one way or another. Im staying in Bath a couple days leading up to the fest to save some hassle on weds and booked a coach from there. Thanks.

If you're semi fit / able bodied then just do the hike.  Good introduction to the site imho. Take a break. Go via a couple of bars. No rush.

Better than sweating it out in a traffic jam.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you're semi fit / able bodied then just do the hike.  Good introduction to the site imho. Take a break. Go via a couple of bars. No rush.

Better than sweating it out in a traffic jam.

My gf is the one who im worried about.  I Just wanted to make it as painless as possible when it came to getting to the camp site first day. I can handle a lot myself, she is the one who has back issues. She also didnt want to camp normally and was ok with this trade off of being up on the hill. just gotta roll with the punches.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah we got screwed by the shuttle last time. Will be sure to walk it this year.

Yeah, this might push me to taking the walk instead.

Thanks for the input! 

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah we got screwed by the shuttle last time. Will be sure to walk it this year.

We're staying in sticklinch this year and will be arriving at about 4pm. We were hoping to get the shuttle bus from ped gate A (if they run one). Were the delays early on or just through out the day? 

55 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

We're staying in sticklinch this year and will be arriving at about 4pm. We were hoping to get the shuttle bus from ped gate A (if they run one). Were the delays early on or just through out the day? 

Don’t know as we came by car but the shuttle buses we saw early on dropped folk off right outside the wristband and security check tent. Details will be in the e mail from worthy view giving info and tent number 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Thanks 1

I've done Worthy View a couple of times, it's pretty good to be honest. You do feel a tiny bit out of the event not camping inside the fence but the benefits are a shorter walk to your tent, less to carry and tent already being pre-erected. Plus the additional security is also a comfort. I'm trying to get some accommodation again for WV (or Sticklinch) as plans might have changed so I'd definitely do this again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’ve got Worthy View this year. I’ll be arriving by coach. What is the craic with that? What do people recommend? What is the situation with showers and do you get searched coming in/out of the campsite each time?

Stayed there twice in 2016 and 2017.

Never waited more than 20 mins for a shower, but saw some bigger queues around 9.30/10am. Go when I went, about 8am if you’re up! Semi-communal showers in the male section from memory. Lot of mud on the floor in 2016! Think there were hairdryers around too (although I have no use for such things)

Don’t think I was searched at all entering the site in 2016, just checks of your wristband upon entry/ exit. Did have bag    checked and body patted a few times in 2017 though - I think this was in response to the Manchester bombing more than anything though.

• Upvote 1