Has anyone got some 'personal' photos of Worthy View?

Staberinde

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Blimey...I appreciate what the festival is trying to do but that area looks completely soulless.

Superficially it does look regimented with the tents in identical rows but the festival is about people not how tents are pitched . The atmosphere is decent, friends are grouped together, larger groups in the four and six person accommodation. It’s quieter than other campgrounds but that suits some people. I do agree that it lacks the incredible visual impact of the huge areas of different colour and sizes of tents haphazardly pitched that exist elsewhere and is the iconic image of Glastonbury. We  do miss our favourite spot in hitchin hill but WV does have its benefits, apart from the wacky races drive round the country lanes in the dark we did last year to get there! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Superficially it does look regimented with the tents in identical rows but the festival is about people not how tents are pitched . The atmosphere is decent, friends are grouped together, larger groups in the four and six person accommodation. It’s quieter than other campgrounds but that suits some people. I do agree that it lacks the incredible visual impact of the huge areas of different colour and sizes of tents haphazardly pitched that exist elsewhere and is the iconic image of Glastonbury. We  do miss our favourite spot in hitchin hill but WV does have its benefits, apart from the wacky races drive round the country lanes in the dark we did last year to get there! 

I completely agree with what you say Chris, thanks for your insight.

I have an 'unhealthy' fascination with maps and aerial shots of the festival I love to study them in the lead up to the weekend. Whenever I've seen the brightly coloured grid of tents I have always wondered what it's like at ground level. 

Being a WV resident do you often pop into Strummerville on the way back at night? You should do.

Anyways here's some more pics I found that give more detail than your usual aerial shot
SWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_28.thumb.jpg.3dec4d9933932938575840a1bc23b4ea.jpgSWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_32.thumb.jpg.19ae338d75119f8b8d38be440509f4f3.jpgSWNS_GLASTONBURY_AERIAL_29.thumb.jpg.2f4c2b9b9f51fef7602c163cb0a9b547.jpg

Edited by Staberinde
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Will there be a resale for WV in April as well?

Recently found out that my wife is pregnant (and will be over Glasto) so trying to make it as easy as possible for her.

Do people think that WV would be better for a pregnant woman or that the hill might actually make it worse...?

Congratulations!

Mrs J used WV twice when pregnant and said it made life much easier for her.

12 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Recently found out that my wife is pregnant (and will be over Glasto) so trying to make it as easy as possible for her.

Do people think that WV would be better for a pregnant woman or that the hill might actually make it worse...?

There is a re-sale (and they often pop up randomly afterwards as well).  The hill's not that bad but presuming she will be at least 7 months pregnant she may struggle.  Maybe try for Sticklinch, the other pre-erected camping field that is new this year?  Going by the location I don't think there's much of a hill to that one.

30 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Congratulations!

Guess if you've just found out, she'll be somewhere between 6 and 8 months at the festival? If she's fit & active anyway and plans to stay that way through pregnancy then might be fine, but it is pretty steep. 

One big advantage will be the parking - a lot closer to the tents at WV than in general camping and pretty flat from car park to tent. Quieter too so maybe more chance of getting sleep. No real difference in terms of comfort though - still depends on whatever you bring to sleep on! Nicer toilets too which could make a difference.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about the general walking around the festival and lack of places to sit down & rest - it's going to be pretty tough for her at that stage of pregnancy. You maybe want to set your expectations very low in terms of how much you can dash around the site to see different acts... 😉

Is it her first pregnancy? I would caution slightly that everyone is very different and particularly if it's her first, it's impossible to predict how she'll be feeling about it at that stage, and how it will affect her physically. Many women would be absolutely fine at that stage of pregnancy, but a fair few wouldn't be - whether it's morning sickness, tiredness, aches & pains, or lots of other things. If my wife & I having two children so far has taught me anything, it's to expect the unexpected!

However much she's keen to go to the festival now, she might feel different come June time. If I was you, I'd have a really serious think about it just before the ticket refund deadline in May - if everything is great then cool, crack on. But maybe work out in advance what you'd do if she's finding it tough.

Sorry if that comes over as negative, I really hope things are fine and you both can enjoy the festival 😎 Best of luck!

Edited by jimmillen
Realised I was being a rude git & forgot to say congrats :)
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the_arsonist said:

Congrats pal :)

6 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Congratulations!

Guess if you've just found out, she'll be somewhere between 6 and 8 months at the festival? If she's fit & active anyway and plans to stay that way through pregnancy then might be fine, but it is pretty steep. 

One big advantage will be the parking - a lot closer to the tents at WV than in general camping and pretty flat from car park to tent. Quieter too so maybe more chance of getting sleep. No real difference in terms of comfort though - still depends on whatever you bring to sleep on! Nicer toilets too which could make a difference.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about the general walking around the festival and lack of places to sit down & rest - it's going to be pretty tough for her at that stage of pregnancy. You maybe want to set your expectations very low in terms of how much you can dash around the site to see different acts... 😉

Is it her first pregnancy? I would caution slightly that everyone is very different and particularly if it's her first, it's impossible to predict how she'll be feeling about it at that stage, and how it will affect her physically. Many women would be absolutely fine at that stage of pregnancy, but a fair few wouldn't be - whether it's morning sickness, tiredness, aches & pains, or lots of other things. If my wife & I having two children so far has taught me anything, it's to expect the unexpected!

However much she's keen to go to the festival now, she might feel different come June time. If I was you, I'd have a really serious think about it just before the ticket refund deadline in May - if everything is great then cool, crack on. But maybe work out in advance what you'd do if she's finding it tough.

Sorry if that comes over as negative, I really hope things are fine and you both can enjoy the festival 😎 Best of luck!

Thanks for the congrats everybody! 

She is super-mega fit and is determined that she can do it while I'm slightly more cautious about the whole thing tbh.

It is the first pregnancy and it's early days at the moment so things might be different by then. Sticklinch might be the way to go with less of a hill but lets see how stubborn about it she's feeling by May 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have, every once in a while it's a conversation starter when some people notice it. I did start to remove it once when I was cleaning the car, but gave up... after a few months the sickyness reallty really sicks ;)

• Upvote 1