Lollapalooza Berlin 2020

Hullabaloo92

24 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I didn't know if Eminem was that big in Germany, especially given he seems to have played less shows there than in places like the UK, for instance. But I must presume he has the stature still.

There was a part of me half tempted to wonder if Strokes in Berlin was an exclusive there. But now its out of the way, who knows.

I don't know why Eminem did play THAT few shows in Germany over he last years, but there was a show planned in Cologne a couple years ago (I think 2013?), it didn't work out because the organisators gave the last available date a German pop singer instead....

Ticket prices for the show in 2018 were about 90 - 130 € but they have been sold for over 500 bucks on the secondary market and people indeed paid that amount quite alot....

So yeah, Eminem should be too big for this festival.

7 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I don't know why Eminem did play THAT few shows in Germany over he last years, but there was a show planned in Cologne a couple years ago (I think 2013?), it didn't work out because the organisators gave the last available date a German pop singer instead....

Ticket prices for the show in 2018 were about 90 - 130 € but they have been sold for over 500 bucks on the secondary market and people indeed paid that amount quite alot....

So yeah, Eminem should be too big for this festival.

Early Entry 2018 was around 300 on Ticketmaster

7 hours ago, skyjoy said:

Any chance for Dua Lipa at lolla berlin this year? Does anyone know?

Could be a good pick for the lead of the second wave around april oder may, because she is playing like five arena shows in Germany during that period.

If she is still around a full month after Sziget this could mean a quick return to Lolla Berlin.

Actually went to this in 2016 and 2017 but it's never really compared to the other European festivals and this has got to be without doubt the worst of their five years and the worst line up I've seen for this year. Perhaps it's just too late in the Summer to attract the names they want but whatever the reason I won't be in any danger of finding myself in Berlin this September.

29 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Well, I thought it would be convenient to see Rage in Berlin, but I'm not so sure after this announcement...

It can't be the full line-up, can it? I roughly counted 55-60 acts last year and this is 40-ish? I don't think this line-up could be saved, but maybe made worth a one-day ticket?

I got stung with that logic in 2017, if I remember rightly neither year I went had anyone noteworthy unless you count Kaiser Chiefs which is an hour of my life I'll never get back. I haven't paid much attention since but I've never seen their announcements kick up too much heat so I wouldnt expect much more.

Yeah, I'm totally crushed, I knew that we couldn't expect much Indie Rock music and thaht the line up would focus more on Pop and German Hiphop but I wasn't prepaired for this pile of shit.

Nothing against Miley Cyrus in general, I heard she is great live, but imo she not huge enough to carry a day with 80.000 people on her own, even with the three German big players on that day, which you can see basically the whole year in every larger city.

I'm not a big EDM fan but they had Swedish House Mafia, Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Kygo, Hardwell etc in the last years and all they could get is DJ Snake? Maybe Die Antwoord will close the electronic Stage, too?

@Ken19 since you are also well informed with Open'er and Mad Cool.....are in the know about this festival or if any major act pulled out?

I find it quite strange that they struggled so hard to put the correct day splits on their website, which has never been the case before. It seems to me as if they missed for another big name for the Saturday and they moved like last minute every bigger german act (AnnenMayKantereit, Deichkind, Alligatoah) to the Saturday for whatever reason. Some people already think the Rage against the Machine day is selling so well, that they discontinued further negotiations and just cut the Sunday short and moved other popular acts to staurday instead.

For me it is also very frustrating that such a big and rich country like Germany, which has sooooo many large festivals is not able to book The Strokes since ten years.......not to mention that they play like every other Lollapalooza festival in the world except this one 😕

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Miley Cyrus was surprisingly decent when I saw her Glastonbury line-up, so I don't have an issue with that, but blimey this falls apart below its two heads.

Guess I'll just book a Berlin holiday independent of this thing then.

Miley was third down during that day, correct?

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yeah - between Vampire Weekend and Kylie Minogue, with VW subbing The Cure.

That's what I meant, she wasn't even subbing...

Sure, she has her qualities but in my opinion she is way too small to headline a festival of this size.

Other acts are actually way to high on the billing, too.