Lollapalooza Berlin 2020

Hullabaloo92

Since we can expect the first announcement in february, why not start a thread?

The festival takes place once more from September 5th & 6th 2020 @ Olympiapark & Olympia Stadium in Berlin.

I made a highly speculative line up skeleton for this years edition:

>>>Clashfinder<<<

Any further guesses for the smaller slots?

I think my line up is still too strong for Berlins standards :P

What do we have?

- Red Hot Chili Peppers should have been an option for this, but since they won't play any further shows, I think they fell through....

- The Strokes are just my personal wish, but they have to play Germany this time and I can't think of any other place they could fit...

- Travis Scott seems to be a rumour for every festival in August like Sziget or Reading

- Calvin Harris plays Creamfields and was booked for Sonne Mond & Sterne as an exclusive last year

- Major Lazer do some shows in europe and New Horizons had them last year

- no Liam Gallagher cause it didn't go well two years ago

- no The Weeknd, return would be too soon

- German acts are all touring during August/September

- any other bigger artist should already be ruled out :D

Given August's festivals have in my opinion struggled due to June/July being stacked, I do fear this one being left behind in much the same way. Though Lollapalooza are usually good for announcing something promptly.

I dunno though. I've been wanting to go for a while but the last 2 years just haven't tickled my fancy.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Given August's festivals have in my opinion struggled due to June/July being stacked, I do fear this one being left behind in much the same way. Though Lollapalooza are usually good for announcing something promptly.

I dunno though. I've been wanting to go for a while but the last 2 years just haven't tickled my fancy.

Yeah, their line up is getting weaker ever year it seems.

I alrighty got my ticket, so I'm pretty excited how this turns out in the end :)

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

Heard a rumour in the R&L thread of an announcement being made on Monday.

Foo Fighters put up a video of a Waldbuhne show going "Berlin, this show was fun. Wanna do it again? Think about it over the weekend and let us know". Which I think is a sign they're potentially going to do this.

I think they are pointing at a Wuhlheide solo show in mid June, we'll see it on monday......

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Hmm... I hadn't considered that. That's the venue Green Day are playing, right?

Yes. Could also be Waldbühne instead of Wuhlheide. Slightly bigger. Iron Maiden, PJ, etc play there. Bands often mix those two names.

I think this is coincidence and not related with Lollapalooza. They are not rumored for any other European festival in late summer and are specifically teasing one town. But Lollapalooza seems to synchronize their announcement with other festivals for Monday. So the band causing that has to announce more than one show.

Edited by Karlos12345

On 2/8/2020 at 10:54 AM, Karlos12345 said:

Yes. Could also be Waldbühne instead of Wuhlheide. Slightly bigger. Iron Maiden, PJ, etc play there. Bands often mix those two names.

I think this is coincidence and not related with Lollapalooza. They are not rumored for any other European festival in late summer and are specifically teasing one town. But Lollapalooza seems to synchronize their announcement with other festivals for Monday. So the band causing that has to announce more than one show.

There was a rumour in another thread that the Lolla Berlin announcement was coming this week, and as Foos have done other Lolla events (think they launched the Stockholm one?), that lead to me thinking 2+2. But I guess a June solo headline show might well make more sense as a thing to expect given they're already in Europe around that time.

8 hours ago, The_Preach said:

No foo fighters just announced waldbuhne

Yup when it was suggested, I figured that might be the way. Waldbuhne looks like a really cool venue tbf. As do the venues in Nimes and Valencia.

So I guess somebody else. Maybe RATM is an outside shout, assuming they are doing Rock en Seine and R&L.

19 minutes ago, Archi said:

Who already go to Lolla Berlin? I went to Lolla Paris 3 years ago, it was nice but not the best festival I've attended... 

I went there 2 years ago and thought it was good fun, if agreed that I've been to better. Though the Nekfeu/Killers battle-of-the-bands scenario was a highlight.

I'd be game for this assuming there's other cool stuff going down. Berlin as a city has been on my "wanna visit" list for ages.