Tuesday night accomodation

lacney

Hey, I was hoping someone would have some recommendations for somewhere to stay on Tuesday night. There are 7 of us travelling down from the North East on the Tuesday, and we're looking for somewhere to stay fairly close by the night before. Hopefully somewhere en route. We don't mind travelling an hour or so the next morning, we just don't want a 6/7 hour drive straight to site! Any recommendations? 

We've done a few over the years.

Bridgewater travel lodge which is on the junction you get off the M5 for Glastonbury heading to the west of the site. The hottest room ive ever stayed in.  I think thats about an hour to the site in the morning.

Glastonbury travelodge, we lucked out on this one as someone we new had booked it but didnt get a ticket so there was a room spare. That was about 15 minutes to site.

Last year we stayed in the Woolpack in Beckington near Taunton, that was really nice, got there abit late but had a few beers before bed, up early and went a back way to the festival. Didnt take us long at all. 

4 minutes ago, Divein said:

Last year we stayed in the Woolpack in Beckington near Taunton, that was really nice, got there abit late but had a few beers before bed, up early and went a back way to the festival. Didnt take us long at all.

near Taunton ? ive not heard of it ? google gives me one near froome ? 

• 3 weeks later...

In Frome and therefore just 10 miles away......current prices for Tues 23rd....all except PI are in middle of town within 100m of each other.

Premier Inn  (Fully booked)

The George Hotel (Doubles from £89)

The Cornerhouse (Doubles from £90)

The Archangel (Doubles from £105)

We also have Asda, Sainsbury, Co-Op, M&S and Lilleys Cider.

Thanks for all the advice guys. 

We decided on staying in the YHA in Bath. Admittedly, its not as close as we were hoping for but it is better than a six hour drive on the morning and it means I get to see Bath via the pubs. Was only 120 quid for 8 people, so it was quite a bargain.