LCD Soundsystem/James Murphy/Despacio

sogryp

Interesting, what kind of rumours?

Replied to this topic on another thread before but I'd be surprised if they do Glasto with Despacio. They're doing 2 x nights at Sonar which is two 8-10 hr sets the week before - the set up is pretty serious and takes a few days to get the tuning right (they've said so in past interviews). Sonar by Night is an indoors festival and the stage they're doing it in (SonarCar) is enclosed.

Whereas last time they did Glastonbury there were also larger issues with the sound bleeding in from other stages. Which I imagine would mean they're hesitant for go through the heavy logistics of shipping a million dollar sound-system up to Somerset and then doing another 3x8-10hr sets. 

That being said, I would love to see them there as Despacio and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they're doing sets not as despacio but just as a b2b or separately. 

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Interesting, what kind of rumours?

Replied to this topic on another thread before but I'd be surprised if they do Glasto with Despacio. They're doing 2 x nights at Sonar which is two 8-10 hr sets the week before - the set up is pretty serious and takes a few days to get the tuning right (they've said so in past interviews). Sonar by Night is an indoors festival and the stage they're doing it in (SonarCar) is enclosed.

Whereas last time they did Glastonbury there were also larger issues with the sound bleeding in from other stages. Which I imagine would mean they're hesitant for go through the heavy logistics of shipping a million dollar sound-system up to Somerset and then doing another 3x8-10hr sets. 

That being said, I would love to see them there as Despacio and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they're doing sets not as despacio but just as a b2b or separately. 

Stick Murphy and brothers Dewaele on Pangaea, no need for massive queues and expensive kit.

30 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Stick Murphy and brothers Dewaele on Pangaea, no need for massive queues and expensive kit.

Agreed, although I don't know if vinyl-only 80's Balearic fits with the brief of Pangaea. I'm also not sure if being at the top of a crane is what Murphy et al. meant by taking the focus away from the DJ booth and placing it on the music and punters. 

That does beg an interesting question, where would you prefer to seem them most? 

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Agreed, although I don't know if vinyl-only 80's Balearic fits with the brief of Pangaea. I'm also not sure if being at the top of a crane is what Murphy et al. meant by taking the focus away from the DJ booth and placing it on the music and punters. 

That does beg an interesting question, where would you prefer to seem them most? 

I'm not arsed by all that 2manydjs where ace on Arcadia in 2015 chuck James Murphy in the mix too and it's guaranteed good time. 

Although I'm sure Despacio would be a better experience I wouldn't be the one having it as I'm not going to queue so get em in a big field. Arcadia seems a better fit than iicon or genosys.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Despacio was great... even though it meant going the wastland that is Silver Hayes.2MANYDJs playing the Spider was pretty special too... as was LCD on the Other. I'd see either or both of them  just about anywhere to be honest. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere. Anyway, I wasn't sure where to put this but I noticed Despacio share this article on Facebook:

https://finesounds.uk/news/mcintosh-despacio---the-sound-system-to-drown-out-all-sound-systems?fbclid=IwAR0bUFBN3FX_b__-AoQskza3RSp80C_vxIhmvQUMUcmIHp_H_sGd_nXXYYo

Now, the line in it that caught my attention:

Then, in January 2020, news of a Despacio tour with dates in New York, London, San Francisco sent rumblings among hi-fi lovers and club scenes across Europe and North America. Rumours of another Glastonbury appearance even began to surface. Dates at iconic venues like Roundhouse in Camden and the San Francisco Regency Ballroom were booked into the spring of 2020. Their announcement may even have shared newsreels with reports of a strange virus emerging in China. The next part of the story is familiar to us all.

Could it have happened? Could it happen in '22?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not sure there is another LCD Soundsystem chat going, and apologies if this is an ancient one to exhume...

But since we're speculating on a Pyramid sub slot, let's have a crack. This'd be about seventy-five minutes, give or take.

I Can Change
Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
Tonite
You Wanted a Hit
Tribulations
Home
Someone Great
Dance Yrself Clean
Losing My Edge
10 All My Friends

Feel like last few times I've seen them they opened with either Get Innocuous! or Us v Them. Beyond that it's a pretty strong setlist, although wonder if you include NY I Love You just to get a bit more variety in there. 

Still can't get my head around the idea they'd be subbing the Pyramid in 2024.