Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was thinking either post-Ross or opening the Pyramid one day.

I thought so too but apparently Alicia keys can’t do the Friday and the Sunday fits better with her touring schedule so it’s likely she’s scooped up that third down pyramid slot on the Sunday.

Unless they’ve pulled a mad booking and they have her lower than 3rd pyramid.

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Surely though both Royal Blood and Biffy are "safe" bookings too. Biffy has literally done that exact slot before - subbing pyramid on a Sunday before a pop headliner. Royal Blood haven't subbed before, but they did do third down and have played the festival a whole bunch previously. Elbow at least have the bigger history with the festival, havent played a proper slot in ages, Michaels favourite band, coming back off a new album (that was widely considered a bit of a return to form after their last one)....

I don't love Elbow by any means and would love a shock new sub, but Elbow seem the most logical booking. Trying to brand them as stale but biffy as fresh is crazy.

I'm putting my personal bias into it that I'd personally prefer to see Biffy/Royal Blood than Elbow. I guess I'd personally more expect to see Elbow on the line up than Biffy/Royal Blood which is why its bland/safe to me. 

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I still think Pet Shop Boys before Taylor is in the mix...

The issue with that otherwise perfectly logical idea is they’re pretty vocal about only wanting to play in the dark. Think they’re putting together a big stage set like last time.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

It just seems really out there at the moment. We've 'known' about NGHFB on Saturday for a fair while now and a fair few on here predicted Dua Lipa on either before Kendrick or Taylor, with Lana seeming to be out of the picture due to her dates.

Then Lana comes back and is on Friday and then we hear rumours that Dua is on the Pyramid. I honeslty believe its someone like Royal Blood/Biffy Clyro to seperate the crowd a bit before Taylor. As I can imagine a fair few watching Noel and Lana wont be moving before the headliners. 

I just personally hope its not Elbow, I enjoy them, I've seen them twice at the farm now, they're just uninspiring and very 'safe' but they also have an incredible connection with the festival and the people that run it so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Even Noel isn’t 100% is it? First info we had was he was headlining T’Other. It’s very up in the air. And looking back at past years is no guide. It’s a mix of new acts, older acts, punts that worked, punts that didn’t, acts that could support the Headliner and acts that seem designed to move the crowd around by not ‘flowing’ into the Headliner at all. Plus so many candidates could be an Other Headliner instead. Roll the dice....

4 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Have 21 pilots been ruled out? Co headlined reading last year so about the right slot for them to sub

I really want them to be there, and have mentioned them in the Other Stage headliners thread a couple of times, I don't think they are fully ruled out, they have a show in Dublin the week of Glastonbury which looked to be a warm up show originally, I can't remember the exact day but they are playing in Switzerland one of the days over the weekend, so they could do multiple days in a row, it's not out of the question at the moment, but they also aren't one of the favourites. They also did an interview where they said they really want to play Glastonbury so who knows. I just want them to be on the bill anywhere, incredible live

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

:P

but yeah seriously HAIM were taking large slots at other festivals around those years and played pretty low at Glasto. It has to mean something.

Fourth down Other isn’t really that low. Plus was before the album came out and yeah Glastonbury does get acts in lower slots (Liam Gallagher did the same slot, same year).

Really would seem weird to me that a band with an all-female core and have sizeable sale, getting huge slots elsewhere would be slammed into a pitiful slot because they... love the festival?

I’m not expecting to see them sub but it wouldn’t surprise me and I’d be glad to see it. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Robyn is a bit of a National booking imo. She asks for a sub at every festival she plays at so I'd be shocked if they got her lower.

May get slaughtered here but, what else has she done apart from that song the guy from Hull covered on X Factor.....

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Robyn is a bit of a National booking imo. She asks for a sub at every festival she plays at so I'd be shocked if they got her lower.

She's headlining the second stage at Lovebox and a similar situation at Parklife I believe. Praying she's not headlining a stage as I'll bloody miss her.

Just now, zero000 said:

She's headlining the second stage at Lovebox and a similar situation at Parklife I believe. Praying she's not headlining a stage as I'll bloody miss her.

Yeah I’m not totally convinced in her subbing and could easily see her taking a JP headline slot or something, but fingers crossed she’s agreed to play on the condition that she gets a good slot (especially after her supposed terrible time in the JP last time).