Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

Just popping back in here to say I’d be thrilled if Billie was subbing Taylor.

I thought it was more likely that we should come back and headline in a few years but if Glasto managed to bag Lana, Billie, Taylor, Kendrick in the same year then I don’t know how any other future festival could compete tbh.

Also thnx :) no hard feelings anyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Capaldi recently sold out two nights in a matter of minutes but some were saying he isn't big enough to sub.

eFests rules are a confusing beast. 

I put him at 3rd/sub just before the 2 O2 nights, I think he loses a bit of stock with a fair few on here that regularly go because he played last year, so it would be the same set. Where as Alicia Keys (as far as I know) has never played so is a bit more of a rare get. I still see her as 3rd down though. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I thought it was more likely that we should come back and headline in a few years but if Glasto managed to bag Lana, Billie, Taylor, Kendrick in the same year then I don’t know how any other future festival could compete tbh.

Hope you're okay man. 

As I've been saying, a run of Diana > Alicia > Billie > Taylor is actually incredible and having Taylor/Billie/Lana/Kendrick at the same festival is something world wide festivals would want to get. It'd be a very strong line up. 

• Upvote 1

Also Emily mentioned that she booked Lana really really early on in the process so it’s not crazy to suggest they might have booked Billie for 2020 at the same time they modified her slot in 2019. Emily said in some interview they were worried she was going to pull out so you never know. Might have been part of the agreement, promising her a massive slot in 2020.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looking forward to seeing you at the meet ....... please dont change your mind if you decide you are going though :) 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

They surely cannot be big enough? 

They're headlining Lattitude which you could argue puts them on a level with Liam Gallagher. Its not much of a stretch to suggest they're probably about Vampire Weekend's level. Supporting Taylor elsewhere. 

And I know people probably have a boat load of metrics ready to throw at me to suggest they should be opening Avalon or something compared to someone like Alicia but in a festival context I reckon them subbing would work a treat.

They've got a new album out in a month or so which is sounding great so far.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't really get the HAIM shouts (to sub) despite being a fan. We're likely getting them earlier on anyway so why use up a big spot on them? Are people hoping they get an extra 15 mins maybe? Seems pointless, would much rather get them PLUS an actual sub-sized act. 

I’d be shocked if HAIM were demanding a sub slot.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't really get the HAIM shouts (to sub) despite being a fan. We're likely getting them earlier on anyway so why use up a big spot on them? Are people hoping they get an extra 15 mins maybe? Seems pointless, would much rather get them PLUS an actual sub-sized act. 

As @priest17 pointed out, it's not really much of a stretch to put them on Vampire Weekend's level not to mention headlining Latitude this year along with LG who subbed last year. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they sub but I expect them after Diana if they are on the Pyramid on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

I like to see nice things happen to people I like.

Also there's seemingly more good stuff at the lower levels at this point. I'd rather have HAIM sub than Elbow if it makes room for someone like Kelis earlier on.

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Haim would be such a complete waste of a sub slot. They’re hardly even a fresh and upcoming act anymore.

When has the sub slot only ever been about fresh and upcoming acts?

Who knows, maybe the new album will sell really well and push them up 1 more spot?

I do agree that they wont be subing and also don't think they'll say no to a 3rd down spot, especially with the calaber of acts we're throwing around. I think people are suggesting its HAIM just because we're running out of liable acts that could/maybe do it that those people like. I would much rather see HAIM sub over Elbow. 

I remember thinking HAIM were going to get a gigantic slot in 2014/2017 and they were pretty low down on the other stage.

I think they love the place and just don’t care where they play.

And before anyone says anything, yes that is an assertion of my outlook on things. Not claiming anything as fact :P 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I remember thinking HAIM were going to get a gigantic slot in 2014/2017 and they were pretty low down on the other stage.

I think they love the place and just don’t care where they play.

And before anyone says anything, yes that is an assertion of my outlook on things. Not claiming anything as fact :P 

:D

Nowt but love big guy

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This thread proves one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt-it’s a bugger to predict Pyramid Sub slots at Glastonbury 😀

It just seems really out there at the moment. We've 'known' about NGHFB on Saturday for a fair while now and a fair few on here predicted Dua Lipa on either before Kendrick or Taylor, with Lana seeming to be out of the picture due to her dates.

Then Lana comes back and is on Friday and then we hear rumours that Dua is on the Pyramid. I honeslty believe its someone like Royal Blood/Biffy Clyro to seperate the crowd a bit before Taylor. As I can imagine a fair few watching Noel and Lana wont be moving before the headliners. 

I just personally hope its not Elbow, I enjoy them, I've seen them twice at the farm now, they're just uninspiring and very 'safe' but they also have an incredible connection with the festival and the people that run it so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

It just seems really out there at the moment. We've 'known' about NGHFB on Saturday for a fair while now and a fair few on here predicted Dua Lipa on either before Kendrick or Taylor, with Lana seeming to be out of the picture due to her dates.

Then Lana comes back and is on Friday and then we hear rumours that Dua is on the Pyramid. I honeslty believe its someone like Royal Blood/Biffy Clyro to seperate the crowd a bit before Taylor. As I can imagine a fair few watching Noel and Lana wont be moving before the headliners. 

I just personally hope its not Elbow, I enjoy them, I've seen them twice at the farm now, they're just uninspiring and very 'safe' but they also have an incredible connection with the festival and the people that run it so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Surely though both Royal Blood and Biffy are "safe" bookings too. Biffy has literally done that exact slot before - subbing pyramid on a Sunday before a pop headliner. Royal Blood haven't subbed before, but they did do third down and have played the festival a whole bunch previously. Elbow at least have the bigger history with the festival, havent played a proper slot in ages, Michaels favourite band, coming back off a new album (that was widely considered a bit of a return to form after their last one)....

I don't love Elbow by any means and would love a shock new sub, but Elbow seem the most logical booking. Trying to brand them as stale but biffy as fresh is crazy.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Elbow will be somewhere on the bill I have no doubt, the question will be where?

Now mr Lewis is apparently not doing it, third down pyramid Friday would work well.

They still get that afternoon one day like this bbc coverage moment. All good.