Going from GLASGOW

lpatton1

1 hour ago, lpatton1 said:

6 of us going to glastonbury festival from glasgow for the first time. Wondering what the best option is for travel, looking to avoid the official festival coach from glasgow as it doesn't get there until the Thursday

'someone on here runs buses from Glasgow ... bear with me while I have a think .... or someone else answers 

13 minutes ago, incident said:

When you say "avoid the official festival coach" - do you mean that you've purchased a Coach Ticket Package for the festival?

If so, then you only receive the actual festival ticket on the coach itself, so you can't go down earlier.

We have purchased just the ticket, not the coach and ticket package. National express still have spaces left for a return journey for Glasgow but they dont arrive at the festival until the Thursday and we plan on arriving the Wednesday. 

On 1/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, lpatton1 said:

We have purchased just the ticket, not the coach and ticket package. National express still have spaces left for a return journey for Glasgow but they dont arrive at the festival until the Thursday and we plan on arriving the Wednesday. 

Check the departure date on the Tuesday night - previously they NE have buses scheduled to arrive on Wed mornign for gates open.  Edinburgh has coaches about the same time too.

If you are fine with flying - then a flight to Bristol then book a people carrier to go to the drop off point via a supermarket could also work?  I'm working and go on site Tuesday, however I courier down my kit to someone driving on and get picked up by staff so appreciate it might a pain in the hole/unworkable.