How many tents can you fit in...

DJL

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Focus Focus Focus - You don't have time to bloody post on Efest

You need to focus in on TODAY 

Tick-tock !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello glasto-worker,

It's all gone very doo lally mad at this end. I'll tell you about it privately later. Needless to say, it's not going to be the best run up to an interview that was ever conceived. Stella's lost my job interview speed as well. Holy fuck! 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s all about octagon tents and tesellation :) well as close as is possible 

Hexagonal for ultimate packing them in, surely?

Fun problem actually.  Take this tent, with its stated Diameter of 330cm point to point- https://www.amazon.co.uk/BFORS-automatic-hexagonal-thickening-anti-storm/dp/B07X3HNDD4 

The short diameter (side to side) for this is ~286cm, and the side length is 165.  This gives us room for an array of tents max 11 x 22.  Because of the way that hexagons tesselate, we need to knock a few off.  Firstly, we need to account for all the pointy bits sticking out at the ends, so the maximum number of rows is now 21, and  alternate rows have one less tent, so the amount is (11x21)-(21/2) = 220.5.  You can't have half a tent, so 220 4-6 person hexagonal tents is what you can fit.  No idea how people are getting in or out of them though... 

Edited by jfaragher

6 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Hexagonal for ultimate packing them in, surely?

Fun problem actually.  Take this tent, with its stated Diameter of 330cm point to point- https://www.amazon.co.uk/BFORS-automatic-hexagonal-thickening-anti-storm/dp/B07X3HNDD4 

The short diameter (side to side) for this is ~286cm, and the side length is 165.  This gives us room for an array of tents max 11 x 22.  Because of the way that hexagons tesselate, we need to knock a few off.  Firstly, we need to account for all the pointy bits sticking out at the ends, so the maximum number of rows is now 21, and  alternate rows have one less tent, so the amount is (11x21)-(21/2) = 220.5.  You can't have a tent, so 220 4-6 person hexagonal tents is what you can fit.  No idea how people are getting in or out of them though... 

I got my octagons and hexagons mixed up and I’m now going round in circles 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello glasto-worker,

It's all gone very doo lally mad at this end. I'll tell you about it privately later. Needless to say, it's not going to be the best run up to an interview that was ever conceived. Stella's lost my job interview speed as well. Holy fuck! 

## you better not see this as you have to get ready for Monday ## well done and I am sure that once you get the red tape sorted you will be fine

Just now, glasto-worker said:

## you better not see this as you have to get ready for Monday ## well done and I am sure that once you get the red tape sorted you will be fine

Cheers glasto-worker. i will prepare for Monday, but not until Sunday will I do that. This is my last bit of freedom. Plus, the neighbour just gave me a nice bag of grass, just out of the blue. Result.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers glasto-worker. i will prepare for Monday, but not until Sunday will I do that. This is my last bit of freedom. Plus, the neighbour just gave me a nice bag of grass, just out of the blue. Result.

you dont have time to fart about on Efest with all that bloody red tape - I know you will do it.