OFF Festival 2020.

stereodista

Doesn’t seem to have been a thread about OFF Festival (Katowice, Poland, Earth, etc.) for a fair few years, so: 

Anybody been? 

Any good? 

To camp, or crash in town?

Wouldn’t give either one of Iggy Pop or Poland a second thought, but they then had to go and get Mac DeMarco to curate their ‘experimental’ stage! So having that second thought all of a sudden. 

Any intel greatly appreciated. 

Cheers! 

16 hours ago, stereodista said:

Anybody been? 

Any good? 

To camp, or crash in town?

I went a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun, friendly vibe, nice weather, and cheap (the weekend ticket worked out about £70). The festival's fairly small compared to some of the other EU festivals and it forces you to check out stuff you may have not done normally – I caught a bunch of great Polish acts. Really nice food options too.

It's pretty easy to stay in the city if you didn't fancy camping. About a 20-30 minute walk depending on where you're staying.

• Upvote 1

I've never been to OFF, but heard only positive opinions about this! Seriously thinking about attending it for the first time this year.

BTW, Caribou is strongly rumoured to play OFF this year ('Koncerty w Polsce' Facebook fanpage hinted on him).

Edited by mln

I was at every OFF since 2012, so I can tell few words about it: yeah, it's pretty small festival, but you don't have many clashes (you got only two acts at the same time). Four stages (two tents), campsite, quite big "foodcourt" are also quite important to know. DeMarco as a curator of Experimental Stage is probably gonna to put there bands chosen by him from lineup collected by festival, he won't get artists on his own (Fennesz, Stephen O'Malley, Ariel Pink and Michael Gira done that in past). There is a lot of good polish bands playing there, unfortunately they're usually playing very early.