Golden Oldies photos thread

Crazyfool01

8 hours ago, Homer said:

Glastonbury 1995 - a bizarre time when tents were triangular!

1496541_10152665527896606_4224430821042927529_o.jpg

That is such a perfect image of 90's Glasto - triangle tents with peeps chillin and have a drink and smoke around their shared community tent areas before all this SE corner stuff took over. Ah nostalgia. Still have my 90's A frame tent.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 6:32 PM, Pinhead said:

That is such a perfect image of 90's Glasto - triangle tents with peeps chillin and have a drink and smoke around their shared community tent areas before all this SE corner stuff took over. Ah nostalgia. Still have my 90's A frame tent.

Also before the camping chair became the norm too.

My first few Readings 99-03 ish were all sat on the floor like in that pic from '95, then once one mate got a chair the rest of us like sheep all got them :rolleyes:

1995 when we finally realised that we had to go completely legit so ran a sourdough workshop in The Green Kids field. Fiery pic also '95. The photo of the two young ladies in the bath tub on the pram base,taken in '97, are totally grown up now.....and still go every year. Edit, actually I think that the third photo is my favourite ever Glastonbury pic. 

IMG_20200128_185312.jpg

IMG_20200128_184916.jpg

IMG_20200128_185153.jpg

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1930232_22131857609_4296_n.jpg.c3317dbc910f996e1e9da4a31507657e.jpg

Took my £10 tent from Morrisons to 2008 after it had worked alright for me at Leeds 04 - except now there were 2 of us. Went back on the thursday night to find it full of rain water. Without understanding why, I took off my shoes and socks and walked around on the freezing wet grass, covering the 'holes' (as I saw them) in the top of the tent with a wrap of bin bags - without questioning why they'd make a tent with gaps in in the first place. Woke up the next morning, dry outside, but with water peeling down the tent walls. I'd managed to confine us to a night of showering in our own breathy effluence. Most miserable night of my life. Bought a new tent on the friday morning, missing a few acts in the process. Couldn't feel my feet for about 6 months.

1930232_22132052609_7076_n.jpg.0700911e9176accf6c27d55a5de51b97.jpg

In my head I'm so much further back at Winehouse. Strong memories of her punching some guy in the face, saying her Blakey was the only white man she ever fancied, and giving out to the crowd when they booed her convict husband's name. also this guy near us who pulled it out and started pissing with the strength of a fire hose on the ground, only to scream and shout at people reacting to it, like it was the real problem was them calling attention to his shame.

1930232_22131877609_5660_n.jpg.31957055551c62768fa597e804355eff.jpg

Take me back x

This is a great thread.

I really must dig out my 1995 photos, re-photograph them, upload them to eFests and then post them here. Gotta find the time though and it's a bit late tonight.

Just hope that: a) I can find them, and b) It's my photos I'm remembering and not my mates.

Still gutted at dropping my camera in the mud at the tail end of Metallica. At least three festivals worth of stuff I had on the card.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

uhhh?? There was no need to climb over the fence at night in 95. Several huge sections of fence were brought down on Wednesday afternoon.

One of my mates paid £20 to get through the fence in 2000, after accidentally getting lost and leaving the festival. He didn't know he just had to walk for 10 minutes to get in for free.

Information was not well distributed in those days. Didn't half the site believe that John Major had died in 1995?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 1/29/2020 at 10:57 PM, MrZigster said:

This is a great thread.

I really must dig out my 1995 photos, re-photograph them, upload them to eFests and then post them here. Gotta find the time though and it's a bit late tonight.

Just hope that: a) I can find them, and b) It's my photos I'm remembering and not my mates.

Still gutted at dropping my camera in the mud at the tail end of Metallica. At least three festivals worth of stuff I had on the card.

any luck digging out those photos ? :) 

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One of my mates paid £20 to get through the fence in 2000, after accidentally getting lost and leaving the festival. He didn't know he just had to walk for 10 minutes to get in for free.

Information was not well distributed in those days. Didn't half the site believe that John Major had died in 1995?

I can remember some bloke, who looked like he’d done a shitload of mushrooms, shouting out “JOHN MAJOR HAS RESIGNED- THERE’S NO FUCKING GOVERNMENT!!!”

Turns out it was a trumped-up leadership challenge that he won comfortably.

I admired the knowledge of political machinations in the pre-smartphone era of the guy though.

14 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I can remember some bloke, who looked like he’d done a shitload of mushrooms, shouting out “JOHN MAJOR HAS RESIGNED- THERE’S NO FUCKING GOVERNMENT!!!”

Turns out it was a trumped-up leadership challenge that he won comfortably.

I admired the knowledge of political machinations in the pre-smartphone era of the guy though.

In 2008 people on site kept asking me if Rihanna was really dead. I wasn't there in 2009, but Michael Jackson actually died on Glastonbury thursday. I bet no one who heard the information believed it.

5 hours ago, Padjeq said:

In 2008 people on site kept asking me if Rihanna was really dead. I wasn't there in 2009, but Michael Jackson actually died on Glastonbury thursday. I bet no one who heard the information believed it.

Yeah that was weird. We all thought it was rubbish until someone managed to text home and get confirmation.

My mate got told by someone that Michael Jordan had died.

6 hours ago, Padjeq said:

I drove up Thursday night, I picked up a friend in Liverpool and then we travelled down, all the way talking about this and that. when i arrived someone told me Michael was dead, i told them to fuck off.. only for my mate who i had been sat in a car with for the best part of five hours to pipe up "oh yeah i forgot to tell you that "

how can anyone go that long and not mention it . I knew about her fucking auntie cat dying , but Michael oh no why would i want to know that  

On 2/2/2020 at 9:53 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

On the Friday night of 2000 I hooked up with young lady during Nine Inch Nails and went back to her tent which was somewhere at the back of Oxlyers or Park Home Ground (I think) and a big section of the fence was just lying on the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

On the Friday night of 2000 I hooked up with young lady during Nine Inch Nails and went back to her tent which was somewhere at the back of Oxlyers or Park Home Ground (I think) and a big section of the fence was just lying on the ground. 

Yeah, loads of it was down.  Up at the Stone Circle, you could walk through easily.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, Padjeq said:

1930232_22131857609_4296_n.jpg.c3317dbc910f996e1e9da4a31507657e.jpg

Took my £10 tent from Morrisons to 2008 after it had worked alright for me at Leeds 04 - except now there were 2 of us. Went back on the thursday night to find it full of rain water. Without understanding why, I took off my shoes and socks and walked around on the freezing wet grass, covering the 'holes' (as I saw them) in the top of the tent with a wrap of bin bags - without questioning why they'd make a tent with gaps in in the first place. Woke up the next morning, dry outside, but with water peeling down the tent walls. I'd managed to confine us to a night of showering in our own breathy effluence. Most miserable night of my life. Bought a new tent on the friday morning, missing a few acts in the process. Couldn't feel my feet for about 6 months.

1930232_22132052609_7076_n.jpg.0700911e9176accf6c27d55a5de51b97.jpg

In my head I'm so much further back at Winehouse. Strong memories of her punching some guy in the face, saying her Blakey was the only white man she ever fancied, and giving out to the crowd when they booed her convict husband's name. also this guy near us who pulled it out and started pissing with the strength of a fire hose on the ground, only to scream and shout at people reacting to it, like it was the real problem was them calling attention to his shame.

1930232_22131877609_5660_n.jpg.31957055551c62768fa597e804355eff.jpg

Take me back x

Heh, remember Winehouse and the 'punch' at the front row. At one point she said something like, "I'm gonna tell Blake about any of you who give me grief and get your numbers", and a bloke just along from me with a megaphone starts broadcasting his mobile number for all and intentionally her to hear.