Golden Oldies photos thread

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, mazola said:

Image009.thumb.jpg.6b509a673648864d5f4c4f5ed172a1ba.jpgThis is the sunset during Elbow on the other stage from my first year 2008

Can't be 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the person in the pink wig is my friend and the person to her right in the cowboy hat is me......the person in the cream & green hat to her left is another friend.....

2007 broke many. There were causalties. Funny about Brothers - my mate went up to the bar at one point and said the whole field was wasted with underage and they were all throwing up everywhere and whoever passed as the 'boss' there at the time argued with him saying there was no issue. Not long after that they stopped trading briefly whilst they were told they couldnt carry on like that...

Well at least I know the date for certain on these - Glastonbury 2008

It was the last time I worked in a public bar at Glastonbury - The Park Bar

By good fortune I can pick where my team works so I decided that year I was not willing to walk miles to a Bar { at that time the WBC Crew camp was next to Gate A } so it was a long old tramp to the Park Bar and just by sods law the tent Manager { the boss } was someone I had knowing for 20 years and she was short staffed that year and she would have been upset if I got a transfer so I did not request a transfer  - its not me being lazy as that time I had trouble walking a far distance { took me over 2 hours to reach it} - it was only years later when I had my first stent operation to try and cure a blood blockage in my left leg did it really get bad and that operation had to be terminated due to a Blood clot and in 2017 I had a full artery bypass hence why I was unable to attend Glastonbury 2017 and I was looking forward to watching Glastonbury on the TV but in ICU they don't allow TV so I missed the whole bloody thing - very annoying as in 29 years  it was the only year I could watch it live on TV and I missed it !!   

park-area.thumb.jpg.ff105c59b9fa1c76d28356905a2a6c8a.jpgpark-bar-front.thumb.jpg.4c4640af0567aa9aba045df16b2607d9.jpgpark-bar-side.thumb.jpg.901765dbb6948ff3bf77a093f14b4c28.jpgmain-area.thumb.jpg.3afe7d9343a1c061ec955be3c19a0da2.jpggeneral-park-area.thumb.jpg.e8282eaa72abe49fa935489ddf8a2aee.jpgWBC Crew camp can be seen ' top left '- looks closer than it is. bottom imagewbc-camp-top-left.thumb.jpg.eeccb1a47d3e8780d903aa082993d4f1.jpg

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Those 2 litre bottles were great (although not so much for the leaving no trace effort ) I remember walking across to that bar to get some stock for the tent ... the stock never made it back ... along with me ... did they stop during a festival then ? 

yes, I got two that morning , drank one and passed out . went back for some more after I had had a power nap.... alas they had stopped because they weren't promoting sensible drinking 

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They were further out but the bit that's now WV was MyHab before they went bust just before the (I think) 2011 festival. 

Yes....the MyHab fiasco was 2011.  It was our first year without a van so booked them for a small bit of comfort.  We never got any confirmation although the cash, about £300, was debited.  Weeks of chasing was met with silence and growing doubt until on the Monday before the festival, yes just 36 hours before, the word broke they had gone bust and ME had brought in the Green Tent Co to provide tents at his, or the Festivals, expense.

Along with lots of other people we managed to recover the cost from our credit card company, and then realising that ME used money that would otherwise have gone to the charities we gave £150 of the refund over the counter in our local Oxfam.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was definitely 2004 when I was drinking them. I don't remember them being there any other years - I'm sure I would have tried in 2005, 2007 and 2008. 

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

yes, I got two that morning , drank one and passed out . went back for some more after I had had a power nap.... alas they had stopped because they weren't promoting sensible drinking 

They definitely had 2 litre bottles in 2007, which was my first year. Remember the scrum of people trying to buy them.

Was 16 and remember getting them with the mate I went with. Remember us telling all the newbies we had convinced to go in 2008 that you could get the bottles, but when we got there... they didn’t. Must have stopped either mid-2007 or before 2008  

Edited by strummer77

2 hours ago, strummer77 said:

They definitely had 2 litre bottles in 2007, which was my first year. Remember the scrum of people trying to buy them.

Was 16 and remember getting them with the mate I went with. Remember us telling all the newbies we had convinced to go in 2008 that you could get the bottles, but when we got there... they didn’t. Must have stopped either mid-2007 or before 2008  

Ah, ok. Sounds like they did them from 2004 - mid 2007. So much plastic on the ground.