2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Can't be too surprised at that, seeing as they headlined the Garden in 2018.

Now that the dust has settled on the first line up announcement,  I'm very happy with how 2020 is shaping up. Girl Band, Sarathy Korwar, Angel Olsen,  Black Country New Road, Little Simz and Aldous Harding are all must sees for me. I'm also very much looking forward to Big Thief, Bright Eyes, Richard Dawson, Romare, Squid, Arlo Parks, Vanishing Twin, Warmduscher, Dry Cleaning and WH Lung too. Plenty more to discover too!

I'm still optimistic for a bit more ''out there'' stuff in the next announcement and I'm always very excited to see what Late Junction throw at us.

1 hour ago, Sean1234321 said:

That Sunday in 2016 was fantastic - King Gizzard (at their best) followed by Oh Sees :rock:

I also think that was the Sunday it was biblical rain all day, not that anyone cared by the time Oh Sees came on. 

I seem to remember the Sunday of 2017 being a rather damp affair too. Albeit not quite biblical levels of rain. 

Edited by Guy Incognito
  • Upvote 1

Manchester Psych fest has been announced today. It takes place on the Saturday of EOTR, which should narrow down the days Girl Band can play as they are supporting Stereolab at the fest. Maybe a few crossovers with that lineup? Stereolab would be fantastic, though would they have to headline or could they take to the Garden Stage? Bo Ningen would be great too. 

FB_IMG_1581781031240.jpg

Edited by the neon handshake

50 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They played there last year.

Stereolab are headlining 10,000 capacity Deer Shed so I'd say they're Garden headliner size. Do Nothing might play given EOTR may be the only festival they haven't yet been announced for.

Aha right. I missed last year. 

8 hours ago, Lester_Freamon said:

Other than the acts playing Manchester Psych Festival, does anybody know of any EOTR-types acts who have gigs or other festivals in August/September and could therefore be in the second announcement?

I see Passenger and Gruff Rhys are playing Mosely Festival on the same weekend. 

Bambara?